• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DX9.0 RC0 is out

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Maxvla

will this do anything positive for current games?

if not i'm not dling it.

OP
rb26dett

rb26dett

Disabled
Maxvla said:
will this do anything positive for current games?

if not i'm not dling it.

Honestly I have no clue, but thats why I posted it here so someone can experiment it and tell us how it is.
I sure dont want to be an experiment bunny and mess up my system :rolleyes:

Oni

Oni-ni-Kanab;, Ninja Hippo eater Moderator
rb26dett said:
Honestly I have no clue, but thats why I posted it here so someone can experiment it and tell us how it is.
I sure dont want to be an experiment bunny and mess up my system :rolleyes:

But you're all about somebody else messing up their system? :eh?:

I'll wait till full release, tyvm.

OP
rb26dett

rb26dett

Disabled
Oni said:

But you're all about somebody else messing up their system? :eh?:

I'll wait till full release, tyvm.

No, this beta is for knowledgable people, who can recover their system from a messup.

And it says" DO NOT install on main computers, like main servers, or primary PC's" , so Im not going to install this on my PC cuz I cant afford to lose anything on my PC.

Oni

Oni-ni-Kanab;, Ninja Hippo eater Moderator
So then why even bother getting it if a) it's not an official release and b) you don't have a card that'll even USE it (although there are exceptions)

OP
rb26dett

rb26dett

Disabled
Oni said:
So then why even bother getting it if a) it's not an official release and b) you don't have a card that'll even USE it (although there are exceptions)

I have a card that will use it :D

Mykex

Thing about DX betas is that not only do they include the new DX version but they also have the latest optimized runtimes for the older versions.

Most times a new DX version will improve things, this one (beta3) has done some good things for my DX8 games. Unfortunatly I cant get DX beta 3 "RC0" to download for some reason......no hurry I have till January.

BTW, I've run every beta DX since 7.0a and it has only screwed me once.

OP
rb26dett

rb26dett

Disabled
So is it worth to download the DX9 beta 3 ??
If so, will my current game run good on it ?? (Fifa 2003, UT2003, Warcraft3, GTA 3, BF1942 and few others??)

rUfUnKy

The sooner the final release is out the sooner we all get a new 3dmark.. Other then that I have no use for it :p..