• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dye Lite

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Inteleron

i've been searching around, and i've come to find that other dyes will "corrupt" the water and dye lite doesn't do a darn thing, does any one have any inputs and were can u actully get DYE LITE, i've only seen water dye at caseetc.com. thanks. :D

Arkaine23

Captain Random Senior Evil
UV water dye

I don't watercool, but I was wondering about UV dyes' effects on the water... I've always used the inside of highlighters to add UV dye to water (I do this for wine bottles). In fact I just posted about it a little bit ago. I don't see how a little dye could corrupt the properties of the water signifiacntly, but I was really tossing the idea out there to see what others thought.

Have other UV dyes seriously impacted your H20 cooling performance? What dyes and how much worse was the performance with dye?

No, I showered
According to Chip (I think that was his name) at overclock-watercool, he was having a hard time finding certain colors of dye-lite, so he went to the source and found the stuff that caseetc is selling. Don't know if it's true or not. But I know that you only need a few drops (1/30 oz per gallon), so I highly doubt it would have any sort of significant effect on cooling.