• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dying card?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

quegyboe

Ok peeps, I just wanna throw this out and see what you all think. I just bought this GF4 MX440 about a week ago, and it has been acting weirdly. When I run any 3D games, the graphics look bad. The edges of walls and corners seem to flicker and look ripped. Sometimes, the edge of one wall will stick through the other wall. Does this mean my card is dying/crap? I did OC the card and the AGP bus a little, (270/400 stock @ 320/480 and AGP @ 70Mhz), but would that little of an OC do that much damage?

OP
quegyboe

quegyboe

Ok, here is a screen shot of the Unreal Tournament 2003 demo benchmark. As you can plainly see, the graphics are very bad. This was done using the 30.82 dets, stock clocks (270/400), stock driver settings, Duron @ 1.26Ghz (12.5x101). I think my card is dying, how about you guys?

http://maxtweak.n2v.net

BTW, this doesn't lead to my website, it's just masking the IP to the pic. Just click the link for the pic.

Last edited:

Doofie27cp2

Banned
no i honestly think that you should dopwnload new drivers for it. I used to have the same problem, but then i downloaded detanator xp(open GL) and it fixed it. See if tha tworks...

OP
quegyboe

quegyboe

Well you were right, I changed drivers from the 30.82s to the 40.72's and the problem went away. Thnx for the help!