• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dynamic Vcore on my 6700K/Gigabyte Z170

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rev_Night

Registered
Hello!

I've OC my I7-6700K for a while now, and just recently delidded it with LM, but I want to perfect it. Basically, I don't want the voltage to be at a fixed amount (say [email protected]), I want the voltage to be based upon demand. With my Gigabye Z170-HD3P (Bios F22g), the way to do this is in the CPU Voltage screenshot and to use the DVID. But my problem is that the Baseline voltage changes every time I restart my pc. How can I possibly determine the correct offset if the baseline keeps changing?

Separately, is there anything else in my Frequency settings I need to change? I included screenshots of the bios as attachments.

thanks all!

View attachment 211649

View attachment 211650

View attachment 211651

View attachment 211652

View attachment 211653

dejo

Senior Moment Senior Member
my experience with all the z170 boards was that when you set to dynamic voltage- the board will just throw whatever voltage it thinks the cpu "might" need, and usually is rather generous

OP
R

Rev_Night

Registered
my experience with all the z170 boards was that when you set to dynamic voltage- the board will just throw whatever voltage it thinks the cpu "might" need, and usually is rather generous

Thats just it though. Dynamic Voltage is not off/on, its a value that I have to enter. How do I know what Desired Voltage = Offset + Baseline Voltage is if Baseline changes everytime I reboot? That means the offset needs to change too, and I obviously can't set an OC and change voltage every boot.

dejo

Senior Moment Senior Member
dynamic will basically just give the cpu whatever the board chooses to send that way

wingman99

I use dynamic core voltage. Best way to set it is to check with full load to see what your max voltage is.