• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DZ87KLT-75K no display in UEFI mode

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dkanter

Registered
I was building a new system using Intel's excellent DZ87KLT-75K, a Haswell CPU, and an AMD GPU. I was in the BIOS and accidentally switched it into UEFI mode, and now there is no display output. I cannot get the BIOS to display, or manipulate anything. The only way I can get monitor output is to use the BIOS security jumper, which lets me choose two options (1 suppress further messages, 2 reset BIOS password).

I have not installed Windows on the system yet, was just about to boot up into a Win7 USB drive.

Steps I have taken:

1. Attempted to use back to bios button
2. Removed power and CMOS battery for ~15 minutes

Does anyone have suggestions or advice?

Thanks!

David

OP
D

dkanter

Registered
Use the onboard graphics and boot to the BIOS.

That's a good idea, I should have thought of that myself! Unfortunately it didn't work :(

The display wasn't receiving input in either case. I tried swapping keyboards as well in case that might have been the cause. One is a wireless MS keyboard with a USB tranceiver, the other is a Matias Ergo Pro keyboard.

For both keyboards, I tried booting into BIOS by tapping F2 or F4. I also tried holding down power until the three beeps had sounded. Neither approach got the monitor to respond.

Any further thoughts or suggestions?

David

ATMINSIDE

Sim Racing Aficionado Co-Owner
When you took out the battery did you disconnect the PSU from the wall and discharge the system?

OP
D

dkanter

Registered
Problem solved

When you took out the battery did you disconnect the PSU from the wall and discharge the system?

So I tried that before and I think I didn't leave the battery out long enough. Good call - got my problem solved and I'm now browsing the net from my system. Kudos ATMINSIDE :)

David