• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DZ87KLT-75K no display in UEFI mode

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dkanter

Registered
I was building a new system using Intel's excellent DZ87KLT-75K, a Haswell CPU, and an AMD GPU. I was in the BIOS and accidentally switched it into UEFI mode, and now there is no display output. I cannot get the BIOS to display, or manipulate anything. The only way I can get monitor output is to use the BIOS security jumper, which lets me choose two options (1 suppress further messages, 2 reset BIOS password).

I have not installed Windows on the system yet, was just about to boot up into a Win7 USB drive.

Steps I have taken:

1. Attempted to use back to bios button
2. Removed power and CMOS battery for ~15 minutes

Does anyone have suggestions or advice?

Thanks!

David

Use the onboard graphics and boot to the BIOS.

That's a good idea, I should have thought of that myself! Unfortunately it didn't work :(

The display wasn't receiving input in either case. I tried swapping keyboards as well in case that might have been the cause. One is a wireless MS keyboard with a USB tranceiver, the other is a Matias Ergo Pro keyboard.

For both keyboards, I tried booting into BIOS by tapping F2 or F4. I also tried holding down power until the three beeps had sounded. Neither approach got the monitor to respond.

Any further thoughts or suggestions?

David

When you took out the battery did you disconnect the PSU from the wall and discharge the system?

Problem solved

When you took out the battery did you disconnect the PSU from the wall and discharge the system?

So I tried that before and I think I didn't leave the battery out long enough. Good call - got my problem solved and I'm now browsing the net from my system. Kudos ATMINSIDE :)

David

Back