• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

E21xx series BSEL mod 800FSB to 1333FSB??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chungenhung

Registered
I have a E2140 (1.6GHz) and a E2180 (2.0GHz).
I have read the BSEL mods for 800 --> 1066FSB or 1066FSB --> 1333FSB.

I have tested both CPUs on a good board and can do way over 1333FSB. However, I must now put the E21xx CPUs in low end boards, which have no OC options.

So ,is it possible to mod the E21xx series from 800FSB to 1333FSB??

yes is it, but you need to make sure that the board in question supports 1333fsb natively,other wise it wont boot or boot at stock speed.

The board is Asrock Conroe1333-DDR667, which stated it supports 1333FSB on Asrock website.
yes is it, but you need to make sure that the board in question supports 1333fsb natively,other wise it wont boot or boot at stock speed.
I have done the BSEL mod using Defrogger repair kit, but it seems to not work. It still boots at 200FSB. Maybe I need to do it again. I just want to make sure it would work before i took the system apart again.

may not work on that board then... i know there are few some boards like all from gigabyte that wont work. this may be the same case but that board does have ocing in bios. why not use that?

Thanks for quick reply. The OC feature in BIOS is useless. It won't post if FSB>220. The same CPU I tested on other P35 board, and it works great at FSB400.
I think it has to do with the PCI-E divider. With 200FSB, PCIE is 100. So, 220FSB, PCIE is 110.
I am thinking that if the CPU posts at 333, then it should know how to divide for the PCIE to be exactly 100.
I have also set the FSB/PCIE to Async. Locking the PCIE to 100. However, I don't know how can i check that it is indeed 100.
may not work on that board then... i know there are few some boards like all from gigabyte that wont work. this may be the same case but that board does have ocing in bios. why not use that?

in the manuall for that board though it states ocing for 1333 so pcie speed from the manually was either 110 or 115. i lost track of which, but either way thats not the issue, i run 110 on my ip35 pro no problem. its possible the pci speed is way out of wack...

Back