• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

E4300 Overclocks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
hUMANbEATbOX said:
yes, exactly. when you try 350, you get an error with prime. the 945 mobos are not very good for those kinds of speeds. trust me when i say, your motherboard is holding you back.
lol no XD i get erorr when im trying 280FSB i meant that the max of this mb is about 350 and i don't need more then it

OK, so the max you can run is 280fsb. that is my point. :p

your motherboard is maxed out.

but hey what do i know.

hUMANbEATbOX said:

but hey what do i know.

lol you just have white stars for nothing ;) i would listen to him...

hUMANbEATbOX said:

but hey what do i know.
it's cant be the max what about vcore ?

devilon said:
it's cant be the max what about vcore ?
what about it?

you can search around the interweb if you like, but most people on 945 boards can only do 280-310. it doesn't matter at all what the bios says it can do. my bios goes all the way up to 650, but the max i've been able to run is 527fsb.

hUMANbEATbOX said:
what about it?

you can search around the interweb if you like, but most people on 945 boards can only do 280-310. it doesn't matter at all what the bios says it can do. my bios goes all the way up to 650, but the max i've been able to run is 527fsb.
in the BIOS it says 600 max and ppl said that the max is 350
first i wanna get 300 then i will see what next but how much vcore i should up +0.03V?

Dude - you need to listen to what people are saying - you're asking us for help, we're giving you an answer and you're rejecting it. The i945 chipset has been proven again and again to be limited in terms of an FSB overclock - for any kind of decent overclock you need a decent board based on the i965 chipset.

I doubt you'll be able to squeeze more out of yours as is. 266Mhz / 1066Mhz FSB is really all you can hope for on that.

Increasing VCore isnt going to do any good - *maybe* if you increased the northbridge voltage by 0.1v you may see higher FSB, but i doubt it. And even if VCore was an issue - 0.03v isnt going to do anything - 0.05v or above increments are the smallest you should bother with.

My next paycheck in two weeks is going to be bringing with it a e4300, cause I can’t wait for the price drop.

My p5n-e lets me unlink my FSB from memory bus, I can give it a go then – I think I will be able too though

fordsierra4x4 said:
Still no one here able to run their memory at lower speed than their fsb?
i965 doesn't have downward dividers. With i975X, you can run a 4:3 divider. (Memory at 3/4 FSB frequency)

fordsierra4x4 said:
Dude - you need to listen to what people are saying - you're asking us for help, we're giving you an answer and you're rejecting it. The i945 chipset has been proven again and again to be limited in terms of an FSB overclock - for any kind of decent overclock you need a decent board based on the i965 chipset.

I doubt you'll be able to squeeze more out of yours as is. 266Mhz / 1066Mhz FSB is really all you can hope for on that.

Increasing VCore isnt going to do any good - *maybe* if you increased the northbridge voltage by 0.1v you may see higher FSB, but i doubt it. And even if VCore was an issue - 0.03v isnt going to do anything - 0.05v or above increments are the smallest you should bother with.
i just not have so much money to spend and no one will buy from me the P945 S3 soon i will buy tuniq then maybe i will upgrade the mb

fordsierra4x4 said:
Still no one here able to run their memory at lower speed than their fsb?

See my post on page one...I have my cpu/memory running "unlinked" and my memory is running at 5:6.

devilon said:
i just not have so much money to spend and no one will buy from me the P945 S3 soon i will buy tuniq then maybe i will upgrade the mb
Start by upgrading the motherboard, think about cooling after that.

So far, i've managed to get it to 3.06Ghz (340x9) with 1.4v vcore, and 1.9v on the memory. Stress Prime is stable so far.

However, even with 1.42v vcore, at 356Mhz FSB (for 3.2Ghz), it craps out on me every time. Windows will boot, superpi will run, but stressprime fails and the whole system goes wonk on me

Whats the safest voltage i can attempt with this chip?

fordsierra4x4 said:
So far, i've managed to get it to 3.06Ghz (340x9) with 1.4v vcore, and 1.9v on the memory. Stress Prime is stable so far.

However, even with 1.42v vcore, at 356Mhz FSB (for 3.2Ghz), it craps out on me every time. Windows will boot, superpi will run, but stressprime fails and the whole system goes wonk on me

Whats the safest voltage i can attempt with this chip?

go for more. I had to go to near 1.5V to get 3.2 totally stable, but 1.5V got me up to 3.3 now. Even though its set to 1.5in the bios, it shows closer to 1.44 or so in any of the apps.

Well, i'm at 3201Mhz now (356x9) and seemingly stable. Correction, 5 minutes 2 seconds stable, but i've just turned the fan speed up and seeing the temps drop, wondering if it'll make much difference.

Pushed vCore to 1.45, although under load it drops to 1.38v, memory timings set to 5-4-4-12 now, although 4-4-4-15 worked before okay, i'll try different combo's later on.

wow, i sorta suspected the E4300 would be great budget OCers but that the 6xxx chips would all be able to hit higher speeds. You can tell by looking at both chips that they look externally different and some of the design has changed. My guess is they created a lower end design that would be somewhat cheaper to make. I've said before it really goes between needing high FSB in the E6300's, which is where you'll bomb out, or getting the E4300 , which won't need high FSB but may not withstand high speeds. I think they are awsome chips though, best bang for the dollar there probably ever was!

If you are looking for a high OC its best to probably go with the 6400/6600; however, for the budget minded I think e6300 with a board that can operate well over 500FSB is the best, but that can be a gamble and is also more expensive than a decent board and a e4300.

Back