• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[email protected] DANGER? at 1.54v

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

alain3x

I overclocked my E5200 up to 3.75 and the voltage is 1.54v (Dont dare to go higher because of high voltage) It runs cool with my vendetta 2 cooler And is stable.

Could there be some long term effects on my cpu by running it at this voltage? I read about the E5200 and no one seems to want to put thier voltage higher then 1.4.

Thanks!

freeagent

I overclocked my E5200 up to 3.75 and the voltage is 1.54v (Dont dare to go higher because of high voltage) It runs cool with my vendetta 2 cooler And is stable.

Could there be some long term effects on my cpu by running it at this voltage? I read about the E5200 and no one seems to want to put thier voltage higher then 1.4.

Thanks!

Nah it'll be fine :thup:

Bobnova

On 45nm Wolfdales Intel recommends 1.3625vcore max for long term, and specifies 1.45vcore as the absolute maximum. Or so i read around here somewhere.

1.54 is a lot, more then i would run.

Bobnova

On 45nm Wolfdales Intel recommends 1.3625vcore max for long term, and specifies 1.45vcore as the absolute maximum. Or so i read around here somewhere.

1.54 is a lot, more then i would run.

doz

I dunno, I ran my e8400 (45nm) at 1.54v. Alot of others have also proven that the chips will run for a good while. Mine ran at 1.38v for 6 months (with a bench or two up to 1.6v) and then ran 6 months @ 1.54v.

Whats the worst that could happen? you have to upgrade? :D If your temps are under 70c, go for it.

glussier

This is the first time, I see an E5200 needing 1.54volt to run @ 3.75ghz.

1.54, is it the vcore as set in bios, hidling in windows or under load? I'm surprised to see that you can manage temps at that vcore with a Vendetta 2, even if it's a good cooler.

Can you post more details, what motherboard is being used? Can we see some screenshots?

freeagent

I dunno, I ran my e8400 (45nm) at 1.54v. Alot of others have also proven that the chips will run for a good while. Mine ran at 1.38v for 6 months (with a bench or two up to 1.6v) and then ran 6 months @ 1.54v.

Whats the worst that could happen? you have to upgrade? :D If your temps are under 70c, go for it.

Yup, I have givein my 45nm chip 1.75 with air cooling, it still lives. It usually spends most of its time near 1.5v, or a bit over.. Its fine..