• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

e5300 R0 revision?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stang8118

Are these known to be good clockers? I am hoping to get about 4ghz on air cooling when the last of my parts shows up Thursday. Do they clock better or worse or the same than the older M0 revisions?

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
I would imagine that newer revisions will overclock the same or better. I cant see worse. I cannot speak to specifics on this PCU in particular sorry. If you wanted 4GB guaranteed, an e8400 would have been the best choice as they do it all day long...

OP
stang8118

stang8118

I would imagine that newer revisions will overclock the same or better. I cant see worse. I cannot speak to specifics on this PCU in particular sorry. If you wanted 4GB guaranteed, an e8400 would have been the best choice as they do it all day long...

Yeah I figure the 8400 would be an easy 4ghz, but I already have the e5300 :)

Anyone have first hand experience with e5300 OC results on air?

MattNo5ss

5up3r m0d3r4t0r
I have an E5200 R0 and the most I can get 3.812GHz on air. This is with an older 650i board that doesn't have many voltage tweaks (just vcore, vdimm, vNB, and vSB). Maybe with the little bit higher multiplier and a better board, you can get to 4GHz.