• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

E7200 2.53Ghz @ 3.8Ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fluxcapacitor

Registered
I just recently cleaned my system out and upgraded a couple of the fans and here's my result in the attached pic. I also re-seated the CPU and switched to IC Diamond thermal compound. The new fans are still super quiet and I must say i'm pleased with the results!!! I can play 1080P MKV's thru ffdshow without stuttering now. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• 3800.jpg
    3800.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 158

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
Nice overclock and volts, no doubt!

So what were your load temps to begin with?? What heatsink?

OP
fluxcapacitor

fluxcapacitor

Registered
I bought most of my system back in July of 08. I had never once blew a can of air in there or re-seated the heatsink. Back then I tinkered with OCing it a little but never put a lot of effort in. I didn't even have temperature monitoring software installed until about 2 weeks ago. The heatsink is a Scythe Ninja with a Scythe 88cfm fan. My case is a Lian Li PC 7 plus, which is fairly small. The rear exhaust fan is a Scythe 68cfm, but because the Ninja is so big and my case isn't too huge, this rear fan sits like maybe a 1/2" away from the heatsink itself. Together with the 88 on the Ninja it's basically like a push/pull thing going on.

The PC 7 has exhaust vents on the side panel and I rigged up some holes to fasten another Scythe fan onto the panel. This one is a 40cfm. There's another 120mm in front as well, a 33cfm one.

OP
fluxcapacitor

fluxcapacitor

Registered
Well I thought that by mentioning that I didn't have monitoring software installed until 2 weeks ago and that I only dabbled in OCing this setup when I built it a year and a half ago that up until now I hadn't done extensive enough testing to give any temps to compare this to. I only just a few days ago when I cleaned everything up that I even looked into what temps are doable.

I don't have anything to compare these temps to.

But based on people's comments, I'm guessing they're fine.

I don't wanna push it further now and then in July and August have to turn it down because it's too hot. I'd rather run it like it is all year long than get more processing power only in the winter. It gets hot as hell in southern California in the summer and I'm not even sure I can run it like this come summer. If it's loading at 71c now, I bet it hits 81c this summer. I don't have TM2 enabled because it sounds like throttling BS. I have Core Temp set to shutdown the system at 90c or something like that.