• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

E8400 OC help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Make sure Performance Enhance is set to Standard, PCI-E Frequency is manually set to 100MHz, MCH Frequency Latch is set to 333, and System Memory Multiplier is set to 2.40B (for an effective 800MHz DRAM frequency).

Make sure Performance Enhance is set to Standard, PCI-E Frequency is manually set to 100MHz, MCH Frequency Latch is set to 333, and System Memory Multiplier is set to 2.40B (for an effective 800MHz DRAM frequency).

Do not set PCI-E Frequency to 100mhz. Yes, that is standard, but on Gigabyte mobo's with this problem IT MUST BE SET TO AUTO.

Technically, yes. It IS saving his settings, but they aren't actually being applied. It WILL say that his FSB is "###," but they are still set at the stock 333 (I think).

I'm pretty sure after his computer boots back up after attempting to overclock, when he goes back into the BIOS, that there is a big red box that pops up that is basically saying that his system isn't running at his desired speeds.

Running Memtest86 isn't going to do anything for him at this point. All he would be doing would be seeing how stable his RAM is at stock speeds.

EDIT:

OP make sure you have disabled EIST and C1E.

That's what I was talking about^

no, it saves the settings, shuts down, and when it starts back up, it trys running a standard memory check and it says its running at 3.6ghz. but then it just stops and turns off, then turns back on and its back to stock 3ghz, and it keeps rebooting so i have to manually unplug the power and plug it back in.

nooo....it will see if his ram is even good....you CAN get new ram that is completely faulty and will screw up every attempt at an OC you try. another thing i find weird, is he payed almost 100 dollars for this ram, when you can get significantly better ram for literally half the price.

i got the ram for 35 bucks in june before prices skyrocketed

and to whoever asked: yes i tried easy tune, and it ran at 3.6ghz for a while without a reboot, so i saved and tried rebooting but it went into the endless loop again. and no i didnt try memtest86 cause the 3.4 version didnt have an iso i could burn

Back