• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

E8500 Overclocking Frequency problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

freedef

Registered
Hello guys i am new here and i want to share with my problem.

I just bought PC with E8500 installed in. My motherboard is EG45M-DS2H. So i was trying to OC my CPU so i went to BIOS changed from Defualt 7* multiplier and cpu frequency 333 (2,5mhz) to 9* multplier and cpu frequency of 400 (3,6 mhz). I saved it and restarted pc. When i looked into CPU-Z only thing that has changed is Multiplier but my frequency is still on 333 instead of 400. I have CPU Host Control enabled so i have no idea why it is not working :/ any ideas ?

Thanks and sorry for my english.

Johan45

Benching Team Leader Super Moderator
Welcome to OCF freedef,
So host control is enabled. Did you hit enter after changing the FSB to 400 ? Also if it's not stable the board will revert back to 333. If it were me I would try a little at a time. Jumping that much very seldom works without other changes. Try it again but only go to 350-360 this time. If that works then try a bit higher.

OP
F

freedef

Registered
Hello :) In BIOS it is still set at rate of 400 :) Okay i will try to put in on 350 then slowly higher :)

OP
F

freedef

Registered
Nope still not working :/ I can make photos of Bios if you want to. how it looks like. Except enabling host control i havent enable anything else

OptyTrooper

I've tried to read the manual on this board but it's just hardware installation guide in 20 ****ing languages. Pics of your BIOS would be helpful at this point.

wingman99

Did you change your memory divider so your not overclocking the memory, otherwise it will fail to overclock.

OP
F

freedef

Registered
Photos are uploading.. dunno wtf is with my internet connection..

JLK03F150

What have I done! Member
On the Advanced screen you should disable C1E and EIST. Those two options control lowering the CPU multiplier and voltage for energy purposes. But they can cause instability when overclocking.

What are you using to monitor your overclock in Windows? CPUz?

OP
F

freedef

Registered