• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Easiest Way To Improve FPS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SC4P3G04T

Registered
I just wanted to know what the easiest way to improve fps is b/c im always looking for a more enjoyable game experience. Im actually talking about like ramsinks and vga silencers and stuff what will give me more fps w/o tweaks.
THANKS

Unreal89

I dont think its possible to increase FPS by just slapping on a VGA silencer or better cooling. You will need to overclock. You can try the omega drivers, but they also dont help much unless you tweak and overclock.

OP
S

SC4P3G04T

Registered
alright thanks I was confused. but the more cooling the better o/c i can get I just dont like tweaking b/c somethin thats supposed to be there isnt anymore. but I have 60 in call of duty. Just looking for more. Thanks for yalls help. I will try out the omega drivers. what exactly are they. just a different driver instead of the catalyst ones? educate me! :p

Docta_Z

The omega drivers are optimized versions of the catalyst drivers.... modified to change some of your system's video options for the best performance in games, and other 3d applications.

The latest can be found at www.omegadrivers.net

Keep in mind, you want to completely clean your old drivers off your computer before installing new ones - using a program called "Driver Cleaner" and following the instructions it gives you on how to properly remove all old drivers. If you don't remove your old drivers you could create conflicts and further slow down your fps in video games.

Last edited:

CircuitBreaker8

Disabled
Docta_Z said:
Please try to use proper english if you have anymore questions.

The omega drivers are optimized versions of the catalyst drivers.... modified to change some of your system's video options for the best performance in games, and other 3d applications.

The latest can be found at www.omegadrivers.net

Keep in mind, you want to completely clean your old drivers off your computer before installing new ones - using a program called "Driver Cleaner" and following the instructions it gives you on how to properly remove all old drivers. If you don't remove your old drivers you could create conflicts and further slow down your fps in video games.

WTF was that? :rolleyes:

stratcatprowlin

Yeah, what was wrong with that English?

A little puctuation absence never bothered me.Thats how we write on forums.
Its not a High school essay.

stratcatprowlin

CircuitBreaker8 said:
overclocking is overrated...

lol,I think it is too but isnt it funny that we're on an overclocking site?

I like it here because I learn about the hardware and software but I hardly ever overclock anymore.

Drec

stratcatprowlin said:
Yeah, what was wrong with that English?

A little puctuation absence never bothered me.Thats how we write on forums.
Its not a High school essay.

yeah and how do you know english is his native language...thats very rude.

YellowDart

The best way to increase your fps eh???

Well, imo, the best way to do that is to shell out $500 for an x800XT. :p

If you can't afford to do that (like most of us), then I suggest grabbing the latest Omega drivers, slap a VGA Silencer and some ramsinks on that card and OC the snot out of it. :D:D:D

CircuitBreaker8

Disabled
YellowDart said:
The best way to increase your fps eh???

Well, imo, the best way to do that is to shell out $500 for an x800XT. :p

If you can't afford to do that (like most of us), then I suggest grabbing the latest Omega drivers, slap a VGA Silencer and some ramsinks on that card and OC the snot out of it. :D:D:D

So you can gain a whole 5fps! :beer:

Silver

Senior Citizen (aka old fart)
CircuitBreaker8 said:
To state the truth! OCing your videocard doesnt do anything! Want some compare links?

No, I think I would rather see some test results on your processor, etc. :rolleyes:

Spongebob3000

OC can help i have an old 9200 in an XP2200+ PC with 256MB DDR Ram and putting an old Amd HS on the 9200 and OC'ing 50Mhz to the core and 18Mhz to the ram(ya i no it has crappy ram) dose make Call of duty Run alot smoother on it then at stock speeds.

theELVISCERATOR

SC4P3G04T said:
I just wanted to know what the easiest way to improve fps is b/c im always looking for a more enjoyable game experience. Im actually talking about like ramsinks and vga silencers and stuff what will give me more fps w/o tweaks.
THANKS

easiest way is to drop your resolution and graphic settings.