• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Easy way to improve colling on Lian-Li cases.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AudiMan

If you do not need the extra space for hard drives, you can take out the rack behind the two front fans at the bottom, and drastically improve airflow. Took me down by 4 degces (From 50 to 46 @ full load).

Dragonbud

AudiMan, you're huge!

LOL, he's all beefed up..
thats what happens when you take a break from overclocking.

I didnt know they were hard drive racks til' not too long ago.. hah, but i did take them out. Havent noticed the dropped temps yet though but i can tell it somewhat improved airflow just by placing my hand at the and of the rack and without the rack.
:beer:

OP
AudiMan

AudiMan

Did you make sure you cleared the path behind those fans? I have nothing standing in the way of the air.

OP
AudiMan

AudiMan

I would post some pics, but I don't have a capturing card anymore unfortunately.

My Dual board has a system temp of 26 Degrees without any case mods :)

rivercom9

Where did you get the money to build all of those rigs audiman? Just by the sound of your name, is sounds as if you drive an Audi also.

OP
AudiMan

AudiMan

Heh, I don't pay any bills and I have nice parents. Yes I drive an audi :)

My parents dont pay for any of my computer stuff though, that's why my credit card is about $1500 (cdn) IT will take me a few weeks to pay that off.

I only make like $12 an hour. (Canadian.) So that's like 1 or 2 dollars US. jk :p It's actually about $8. Pretty bad for an AT&T Internet tech huh?

OP
AudiMan

AudiMan

As far as I know it was always 1.5 mbps down and 300 kbps up. If you ever got more than that you would have to consider yourself lucky.

What speeds do you get now?

OP
AudiMan

AudiMan

No, they have no gyms here. I wish! I really need to get rid of all the frustation that build up by dealing with stubborn morons all day long hehee :p

rivercom9 : kilobits or kilobytes?

rivercom9

Yeah it does. I was really ****ed the first time that they cut off service to the users. I was looking forward to getting back on with the speed that I once had, but I was shocked to see that thye had capped us when it came back on. I am now thinking about dumping their service and catching a ride on a new company in my area, but I have to see how well the company in my area does. From the sounds of it, they sound really good as they are guaranteeing UP to 10Mbps for around the same pricce that I am paying for AT&T right now.

OP
AudiMan

AudiMan

I think you should do it. I honestly think AT&T has horrbile customer service procedures, and insanely high prices.
In Canada for example, I pay $40 a month for service.
AT&T on average charges up to $50 U.S. which is $80 canadian.

Twice the cost!! go figure.