• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ebay gold

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
ok so i was just floaten around ebay as usual today.i see a auction the looks interesting.

atx 250 psu. kool brand new also. seller pays shipping also.its a FSP!
just so happens noone even bids. so i snipe it at 15 seconds.
anyhow new fsp 250 comen at me for $5 w/free shipping!noone hardly knows the fsp name.so it was easy steal.

so im doing my mail i see i get a email from the seller.im thinking this guy wants out big time.he offers me a second one for same price! good grief im going paralell dually here for $10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):):eek:

im still waiting to here if he will ship it also for free.
man its really been my lucky day.i knew i bought a full tower for some odd reason. lol:beer:

FSP is good

FSP (Fortron Source Power) is a great quality supply. The late model 250W Sparkle FSP produced units offer 175W 3.3+5V output. Although lighter duty FSP's (like fitted to Acer cases) have less output I've never seen one that wasn't worth $5.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2063906412&rd=1
heres the link to the auction.guy says they are new.the second one is being done by email. im gonna go dually on my case. i need to research how to fully run paralell.im thinking ill need to splice the atx connecters on both and just match em wire for wire.

ive done just the 5v line before with 2 i dont see why it wont work on every line.gotta buy a dremel also to cut second psu hole.man 500wt of sparkle dually goodness! for $10

man i better not get screwed by this guy.have to drive to pa and floppy disk whip him :)

thanks for the pdf info. yeh i agree isnt much. but
the 2 together paralell. should be more than sufficient.
thats 300wt real power on the 3v+5V line.would take a antec true 550 to be comperable in power.
http://www.newegg.com/app/Showimage.asp?style=album
thats the 550 info link.
plus its +- 1v line regulation only pcpower,antec,fsp do that. i think,could be wrong.

i recieved the email back from the seller. i get the second one for same price! $5. he can ship it for free so no cost too me.

what do you think about splicing the atx connecters? ive done it just on the 5v line before. but i wanna do it all with this. any thoughts? the last one i did acted as one psu. with the on/off switchs.no probs at all.

Check out the Dual PSU how-to sticky on the front. Shows a couple of good ways to set up dual PSUs

well i have read em. and done a few psu parelell stuff.BUT
i havent seen anyone run all output lines like i wanna do.
3v,5v,12, and all the -v 's too.

I havnt done this before but i have read that it helps to even out the power draw from each psu if you twist together both wires of each psu. I think it has to do with a more even electrical connection, one thing that would be awesome is a regulator curcuit that you could plug both psu cables into then have another atx connector go to the motherboard. Hope this helps out, good deal also!

i couldnt let this thread die yet.just recieved email my 2 -$5 forton psu's will be shipped tomorow.im really excited.
wfm yeh id agree a regulater circuit and adapters would be the best route.noone makes one i know of.

i will do the twist method,then tape.and after testing to make sure its all good ill solder the connections.solder is the only way i see for this to work correctly.

would be a good article to write up if it turns out good.my goal is no fluctuations in the voltage lines.if these psu's are what the seller has described itll be a steal.

but think,ill have the 3.3,5,12, lines with currant maxs SAME as a truepower 550w.plus fsp underrates its supplies. all for $10?
ummm well its either gonna be deal of the century or a big letdown.

ill be reporting back before the weekend.only take a few hours mod time.and psu should be here in 3 days as im only 1 state away from sender.

I have one on ebay right now, a 400watt FSP400-60GN.The only reason I am getting rid of it is to get a PSU with a 12V P4 Plug. I asked for opinions on a new one just to try something different as everyone seemed to be using the Antec's and the Enermax's.I was very happy with my Sparkle though. It was only used for a couple of months, works awesome. Its at $11.00 now.I am in Canada.

darrenregina

sure their isnt a way to splice a p4 plug onto it?
i dont use p4's but mabey someone here does.
well had i seen yours it woulda been mine. but soon mabey u will be able to use our classifieds.beats ebay with great big sticks!

OMG didnt you see my pic!? im like 6'4" 235lbs and crazy!
lol just bring some MTdew and some games!

I hope it all goes ok, I too have been looking into doing somthing like this with my two delta 300 watt psu's. And what you said sure is true....nobody i have seen run the atx power parallel to the mobo. And i really am interested in your results.

well i have done it before ,but limited on lines.
i just done the 3.3v,and the 5v line. but just those 2 and with jumpers on the pins that fire it up. dont remember which jumpers off top my head.anyhow it fired up just as if the 2 psu's i was using as 1 psu.so everything worked off the power swicth on the case.

i dont think this will be much differant tho. as i said this time im gonna do every atx mobo pin parelell.
the results i got before were im provements over what one did.i just recently had 2 on here on my 5v line. brought it into spec just by adding a gateway250wt psu.

if this dont work out itll be nice runnning my backup with it. and ill go buy a sparkle or pcpower psu. but for $10 experiment i cant pass it up! should be here thursday i think.ill post teh results of what happens.

ok well i got both psu's! woohooo what a steal! fsp :)
i didnt have a second power cord until today,so ill start on adding the second psu tomorow.both came brand new bubble wrapped.

my 5v line is so much better.4.87v at full load.
was a nasty 4.49 when i yanked the old one out.
only fluctuations i get are small.+- .3v

Back