• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ECC Capable Mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Krieger

Hey guys,
My bro got some 256meg DDR ECC Memory that doesn't work in his system. I was wondering if there are any decently priced boards out there that can use it. I'm looking to upgrade in the near future and I would use these vs buy new memory.

Thanks,
Krieger

I'm running the Asus A7M266-D with dual MP2000's in. I'm running that with 1gb of ECC DDR ram in. Personally, I'd ask why you want to upgrade/switch to ECC ram, as I only did it because I envisaged rendering loads of 3D work - hence the duals as well. As it happens, I haven't used it for that purpose as much, and am thinking of switching to DDR333 and a faster mainboard. I'd say make sure you know you're going to use the ECC before you sacrifice the 10-15% performance that ECC takes in exchange for reliability.

I'm only looking to use it to save myself some cash. I'm not really looking to get a dual board or anything elaborate. I might just end up selling it, I was juust wondering if anyone know of a decently price board that could use it. maybe I'll post it in the classifieds and see if anyone wants it...

Back