• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ecs? for celeron?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

theflyingrat

Well, I'm using an ECS with my Celeron - a 1.7. No overclocking to speak of, so that's a bit of a letdown, but hey, I got the thing for $32.... My board, though, isn't a VXASD2; it's a P4S5A/DX+, which uses the SiS645DX chipset, as opposed to the VIA chipset in the one that you mentioned. I've never been let down by SiS's chipsets, but I can't say the same for VIA's.

So,
1)Don't expect to do any really heavy tweaking. I'd be surprised to even see any FSB settings besides 100 and 133.
2)ECS makes a solid board to use at stock speeds for the most part, but I've heard horror stories of the VXASD2s, especially while trying to use the onboard sound. I don't know whether to attribute it to stupid-user error, or crappy boards, but either way, watch out for sound issues.
3)If it's cheap enough (or free!), who cares?