• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Eheim 1262 vs 1060?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Teh

Disabled
I'm wondering if the 1262 is worth purchasing, considering it has 900 gph vs the 1060's 600 gph and is only about $10 more ($129.99). Is it overkill or something? Is there a cheaper place to get a 1060, everywhere I go it seems to be about $120. Thanks for any input.

Yes, 1/2" clearflex... 8-10 feet, the more you have, the more mistakes you can make.

300GPH is usually enough for one block and one HC, so even 600 *might* be overkill.

What kind of loop are you planning on running?

Is it going to be external or internal?

It's probably going to be external.. I have a Ti-4200 right now so I'm not going to watercool that chipset.. and I'm going to probably leave my northbridge alone. I'll probably use a T-line instead of a res. But I want expandability, because I wont have the Ti-4200 forever, and on my next grphx card.. which I will try to have it high-end, will be water cooled. Hopefully they will be cheaper when the time comes around due to the obsoletion of AGP.

Ok.. as far as tubing & accessories go I'm going to get 10' of 1/2" Clearflex and 4oz of Water Wetter for the coolant, is this good? I hear complaints about the smell but the other best alternative which seems to be Valvoline Zerex Super Coolant, but I don't like to go with the Valvoline because it is said to color your water while the Water Wetter doesn't.

I guess initially the loop will go CPU->Caprice Heatercore->T-Line->Pump->, then later on VGA chipset after CPU, then after that... maybe northbridge after VGA. I might try double loops also.

Hmm, thanks for the tip Klownin, I'll have a look at Dex.

Nah.
http://www.injuryboard.com/view.cfm/Topic=1095

Although Dexcool is marketed to last 5 years or 150,000 miles, consumers say the product is defective and damages vehicles. According to reports, Dexcool has been linked to corroded and clogged radiators and radiator caps, eroded water pumps, rotten radiator hoses, leaky cooling system gaskets, chronic overheating and engine damage.

I'll try Valvoline.

That was from 1996 to 2001. Alot of the guys here use Dex-cool and have done so with no probs. I have ran in in my system since May and I also use it in my 2000 Blazer. Also for the tubing you could go with ClearFlex60. It cost half the price of Tygon and does the same thing.

Earlier someone complained of white gunk buildup.. I don't remember what was the exact reason though, but it involved some ingrediant in Dexcool.

That would be me. :)

Right now I'm leaning towards that being caused by a bacteria buildup. From what I've seen Dex-Cool doesn't have any lubricants that would do that. Not 100% sure, but I think it was bacteria. It could also have been left over in the radiator from my last additive, where I didn't know what I was doing and used some cheap engine coolant stuff...in about a 50/50 ratio. :rolleyes:

Get your Clearflex from www.mcmaster.com, page 85, chemical PVC tubing, 1/2" ID, 3/4" OD, 1/8" wall *deep breath* for $.65 a foot. :)

As you get into higher and higher power pumps, you also get into higher and higher heat output. There's kinda a sweet spot around the Eheim 1250 range of pumps.

Damn.. I wish I were told where to get the clearflex earlier. I just paid 1.25 a foot at Dtek... I wonder if I can/should cancel my order? I ordered 10' so if I canceled and re-ordered w/ mcmaster it would be $6 savings.

Back