• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EK AIO 360 or Eisbaer 420

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

5GigsOrBust

Looking for opinions on the two coolers listed above. Anyone with experience with these coolers, let me know how you like them. Trying to decide between the two. Both will end up at around $200 shipped me in the US so the price is irrelevant between them. I'm trying to cool a 9900k and my poor little Cooler Master 240 is absolutely unable to keep temps under control. Ideally I would like to build a custom loop, but don't have the time recently and I need better cooling now. Links to both coolers below. Thanks.

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-aio-360-d-rgb
https://www.aquatuning.us/water-coo...one-cpu/21588/alphacool-eisbaer-420-cpu-black

BugFreak

Welcome to the forum. I'd go with the Alphacool any day. I will never trust an ek item for anything again. Also the ek is aluminum and I prefer copper.

Can save yourself a couple bucks if you get it at PPCs since they have free shipping.

Link

OP

5GigsOrBust

Welcome to the forum. I'd go with the Alphacool any day. I will never trust an ek item for anything again. Also the ek is aluminum and I prefer copper.

Can save yourself a couple bucks if you get it at PPCs since they have free shipping.

Link

Thanks, I might do that. Would rather buy from US anyways. Now I'm trying to find out if the pump it comes with is strong enough to still have decent flow rate if I add a second rad.

Blaylock

"That Backfired" Senior Member
I love my EK and Alphacool products, but I don't own any of EK's newer alumium products.

I would agree with Bug and grab the Alphacool as it's copper and expandable.

You should have no issues adding another radiator to the loop. It is designed for it and will just need to add additional cooling fluid and raise the pump voltage. It's adjustable from 7v to 12v.

Alphacool Eisbaer 420 AIO said:
Quick-lock closure
The “Eisbaer” was designed with expandability directly in mind. This is why you’ll find a quick-lock closure on one of the hoses. This quick-lock mechanism is compatible with Alphacool HF quick-lock closures (1010383, 1010394, 1010395, 1010442), with which the circuit can easily be expanded to include anything from a radiator to a graphics card cooler. Furthermore, the “Eisbaer” is compatible with the upcoming Alphacool GPX-Pro graphics card AIO, which will use identical quick-lock closures.

BugFreak

I was reading a little more on the Eisbaer expansion parts and found some come prefilled. No need for extra fluid to include an additional radiator for example. At that point I would probably go full custom but a nice touch by Alphacool regardless.

MaddMutt

I was also reading about their GPX-line of GPU coolers. They state you only need one running to pump fluids but with 2 if one fails the system will still work :) SO I would give the :thup: to aphacool.

samsa

Registered
If you are looking for performance alone and can skip on "looks", I would recommend the "Eisbaer 420". Im not a fan of RGB and flashing lights tho haha. Take in mind that Alphacool solution comes with a fillport so if you ever get weird noises or need to flush the rad or other parts you can do the bleeding on your own.

Also it comes with a QD fastener so you can even expand with another block. Regards

tived

I don’t have the Eisbaer 420, but 2 x Eisbaer Extreme 280 - Black EDITION, the are AIO’S but the quick release system will allow me to add to the system, with max 2 drops of water coming out, very impressed.

Also the service from both Alphacool and Performance-PC is excellent