• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EKWB Reservoir turning white

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Regix

Hello Overclockers Community,

I've just noticed that my reservoir on my EKWB pump has started to turn a white color around the inside of the glass inside the reservoir. I’m worried that something may be wrong with it.

I’ve moved my case to a different room recently, but I don’t think this would affect the reservoir.

My CPU runs at 37 C on idle and runs around 65 - 70 C on full load, maybe the heat is causing it to lose its color? I don’t think this is the issue because when I look inside the reservoir, the liquid is still colored purple, or so I believe because the color inside the tubing is still purple.

The loop I have cools my CPU which runs at 37C - 70C and my GPU which runs at 32C - 45C depending on the load.

EKWB Components:

Liquid – EK-Cryofuel Solid (Electric Purple)

Tubing – EK-HD Acrylic Tube

Radiator – EK-CoolStream SE 360 (Slim Triple)

Pump – EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM (included. sl. Pump)

CPU – EK-Supremacy EVO – Acetal+Nickel (Water Block)

The liquid is still purple because it shows it in the tubing.

I'm using clear tubing.

I don't think it's foam because foam would be sitting at there very top and there doesn't seem to be any thing at the top. (Just around the sides)

IMG_6273[4979].jpg

Pictures (hosted here at the site) would be helpful. :)

Likely because of some product in the liquid you use... or potentially there was some left over muck in the rad out of the gate. Did you clean the parts (flush with water) before you installed and filled your loop?

Next time, stick with distilled and use colored tubing, regardless if the liquid used was the issue or not. :)

I did use distilled water and I flushed out all the tubing with distilled water before use. I did not run the pump through distilled water or the radiator which could be the cause of the issue.

I was saying to use distilled as your liquid in the loop in general, not just for cleaning. I doubt the pump caused this.

EDIT: I see the picture now... I have no idea what would cause such a white appearance there... wow. Time for a flush, cleaning, and refill using only distilled and pt nuke/biocide...

Yeah it's time for a complete drain/flush. Get a handful of gallons of distilled and flush away. Even when it starts to look clear just continue to flush. After that, perhaps run the system w/ only distilled (and appropriate additives for corrosion etc...) for a few weeks to see if the color comes back.

Yikes !!!

I agree , drain that sludge out and rinse with distilled water until it rums clears , if the loop is older than a year I would consider pulling blocks apart for inspection

what does the res look like when the pump isnt running/what color is the fluid in it? it looks like the res is full of bubbles?

I was thinking bubbles as well. Could be that it just needs a good burping.

Back