• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

El Cheapo Water Cooling?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JordanBolduc

Registered
How can I find a good name AND cheap water cooler? Thanks!

PS-I'm Tikiman. For real. My computer pulled a Homer.

wildfrogman

autozone has cheap cheap heatercores, i got one for 23 bucks today. Probably the cheapest way to get a system put together is either to make your own waterblock and buy a heatercore, preferably new. The reason is they are clean and no wear and tear on then~airflow though is better. Also no junk inside the heatercores and the new ones you dont have to worry about leaks nearly as much, hardly ever unlike old old ones. Hope this helps.

SemiCycle

If you want it cheap, homemade is the way to go. All the "cheap" water cooling setups on the martket at the moment perform cheaply.

Just read alot and you will find parts to go with. I bought my heater core from autozone for $16.99. My tubing was about $5-7. My pump was about $35-40, and my WB cost about $52 (d-TEK spiral).

Many people go with VIA pumps for about $20 and many good blocks can be had for between the $29-40 range.

JFettig

Hey! I showered! Senior
btw i dont suggest via pumps, they get ultra hot and die, has happened....

Frodo Baggins

I havea Hagen Powerhead Pro3. Cost me 35 bucks CDN (about 20 US) rated at 260 GPH. Hasn't quit on me for a month now...

not the best record, but we'll see in a year. Hopefully it will become one of those quality brands that are cheaper and run just as well ;)

nealric

big res an no rad is the way to do it cheap. I got a bilge pump for $5 that has been humming away nicely for 2 months now- 360 gph and quiet. Get a 5gal bucket/fishtank for res and directron.com sells dangerden waterblocks for less than dangerden does- if you live in houston like me u can pick em up.

Frodo Baggins

nealric said:
big res an no rad is the way to do it cheap. I got a bilge pump for $5 that has been humming away nicely for 2 months now- 360 gph and quiet. Get a 5gal bucket/fishtank for res and directron.com sells dangerden waterblocks for less than dangerden does- if you live in houston like me u can pick em up.

where'd u get that 5 dollar pump?

wildbilly2k

mamer said:
No probs with my Via Aqua so far, been 4 months of constant us and doesn't really get that hot.

mamer

alright via aqua sounds good i think im going to get the one a dtekcustoms when i finally get to my water cooling