• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Electrical question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.


Okay i want to hook my computer up to my stero but the inputs on my stero are RCA only, so would the output from a soundcard work with that if i could find/make a converter? And tips or ideas are appreciated

the shack has adapters that you are looking for I would go to your local radio shack adn tell them what you need and they will point you right to it. it looks like a earphone jack on one end and rca cables on the other! look at your computer speakers sometimes you already have one and can steal it from the computer speakers! if not go to the shack!
Thanks! So the output from the soundcard should be fine? I have no idea voltage - whatever wise....
My speaker amp is hooked up exactly as that as well. The line-out on the soundcard is a 3 conductor phono plug. You need an adapter that has a male phono plug on one end (this will plug into soundcard) and two RCA female connections on the other. The two RCA female connections are for stereo left & right. You'll need to make sure that the adapter you buy is for stereo, some of the adapters that the shack has are Y-splitters.

BTW - as long as you use the line-out on your soundcard, you'll have the correct impedence levels.
awsome thanks BTW i found a female phono plug splitter to 2 rca plugs that was being used for a playstation speaker kit and now all i need is a male to male joiner (shouldnt be hard to find)

thanks for all the help :)