• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Electron Microscope III v2.1.4 (Update)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The WeatherMan

Electron Microscope III v2.1.5 (Update)

Really Fixed Frames progress problem.
Rewrote Add/Delete client routine.
Fixed some view issues.
Added a new solid progress bar selection.
New 3D display using Chime plugin.

The half-size frame progress bars are now really working. I guess I didn't pay attention to the frames progress bar because I usually use a graphic and that was working.

Did some rewrites on the code used to add and delete boxes. Hope that fixes some issues.

Added a new solid color progress bar to the possible selections.

I have been working on a 3D display that can rotate the protein images and I ran across the Chime plugin available free to anyone who wants to use it. It plugs right in to your browser and you can display all kinds of different data files people use to describe molecule structures. Too bad the xyz files that stanford writes don't work with it... well, until I got ahold of it anyway. I have to "massage" the files before the program can display them, but it happens in a flash so it shouldn't cause much of a slowdown. You have to install the program before you can use it in EM so you will have to visit their web site and register to use it... its free and very cool. You'll now have a new large view selection for Chime and it can display the xyz files in many different ways. After displaying the protein you can view it from any angle by holding down the left mouse button and dragging the mouse over the picture. I'll let you discover all the ways you can play with it. I've been having lots of fun, it's really worth the download time.

Get Chime here: http://www.mdl.com/chime/register.html

Get Latest EM Here: http://www.em-dc.com

latestem.jpg

Last edited:

Fever

Sweet, thanks man. :) I love the way EMIII changes the team logo to tell you when theres a new version available. Good work! :beer:

specific

i was wondering, because i have a little experience with ras mol as a chem major.
what all does this program do. sequence aa's? fold? more or less the same as ras mol?

OP
The WeatherMan

The WeatherMan

Check out the Chime page. Easier on me than explaining it all. :D

Couple of people reported a problem getting the new view to display. Seems the systemetrics is just a little different from computer to computer so I put in a larger fudge factor. It should work for anyone who happened to download the 2.1.4 version before I posted the 2.1.5 update. That's the only difference between the two so if you're not having a problem with 2.1.4 you don't really need to get the latest update.

OP
The WeatherMan

The WeatherMan

Well, Stanford has seen fit to change the new 20 frame proteins to 100 frames... ;)

And, that means another protein file update... :D

New one is waiting on the web site...

Garfield

So EMIII is for text-console version of the client only? That's the client I have to download to use EMIII? That's what NAS said before, I think. Thanks!

Shad

Garfield said:
So EMIII is for text-console version of the client only? That's the client I have to download to use EMIII? That's what NAS said before, I think. Thanks!

EMIII will work for monitoring the GUI version as well.

OP
The WeatherMan

The WeatherMan

While EM can monitor the GUI client, it doesn't do everything perfectly with it. There are differences. If you want to run a monitor like EM, I'd suggest you just use the console version, otherwise not everything will work exactly as expected. ;)