• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Electron Microscope III v2.1.8 (Update)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The WeatherMan

What's New Version 2.1.8
Fixed issue with Linux tracking.
Fixed Linux queue.dat file info display.
You can now save a Chime view as a jpg.
Select a Chime Zoom Level.
Chime does not Auto Rotate on start.
New information view available in Large Protein View.
Added a close button to normal view.
Progress bar options menu enhanced.
When your score is recovered you can view your Work Units.

There were still a couple of issues with the Linux file configurations that were not being read properly by EM. These issues are now resolved.

I changed several things associated with the new Chime view. You can now select a zoom level before viewing. The protein does not start rotating when you start the view. You can start it after you see the protein. Right-Clicking the window will give access to lots of different and expanded commands. You can save a jpg of the Chime window.

A new button has been added that will display the atom information on each protein when you view them using the Large View selection available by right-clicking a protein image. To use the Large View window or view the proteins using the Chime display, you must have a normal view selected that shows the clients at full window height. That means you need to select Single view if you only run one client, or use the 2 view window if you have 2 clients, etc. If the full view isn't available EM will remind you. I also added a close window button in the Large View display. You can still double-click the view to get it to close also.

I added some additional settings and simplified the progress bar options menu. You now have more color control over your progress bars and the labels displaying the progress.

Now, when your score is recovered from Stanford the number of work units you have finished can be displayed by hovering your mouse over the returned score.

Get the latest version here: http://www.em-dc.com

latestem.jpg

MajinSSJVegetto

Shouldn't this be 2.1.6?

Or was Chime just hard to code for, and you thought you deserved a bit more? hehe

Keep up the great work man! Every folder loves this program!

OP
The WeatherMan

The WeatherMan

MajinSSJVegetto said:
Shouldn't this be 2.1.6?

Or was Chime just hard to code for, and you thought you deserved a bit more? hehe

Keep up the great work man! Every folder loves this program!
Any time I compile a version for test and send it to someone, it has its own version. I don't release them all, especially when I'm working some bugs out of the program before you get to see it. ;)

gtsimmo

Not that Im complaining or anything, cause EM3 been my monitor proggie of choice since i stated folding. But where in the world do you find time to be constantly updating EM3????

Hehe but your efforts are much apperciated The_WeatherMan

OP
The WeatherMan

The WeatherMan

I sleep in between eye blinks. :D

For those who are interested, I have posted the new EM III language file that supports Dutch. EM III now supports English, French, Italian, German, and Dutch. It is a separate download in the download area or you can download the update file.

Rottys-R-Us

Jester
The WeatherMan said:
I sleep in between eye blinks. :D

For those who are interested, I have posted the new EM III language file that supports Dutch. EM III now supports English, French, Italian, German, and Dutch. It is a separate download in the download area or you can download the update file.

Larry; How about us pepz that have a hard time with just one language ROFLMFAO.

I bet he does not even blink.

Thanks LP:beer:

OP
The WeatherMan

The WeatherMan

For those brave souls who are interested in designing their own EM III skin, I have finally posted some in-depth explanations for each item in the skin ini file. If I made an obvious mistake, please feel free to let me know. ;)

Skin Info page: http://www.em-dc.com/SkinInfo.html
or directly at: http://www.em-dc.com/em3skinini.html

If you create a skin for your team I can host it for you on the EM web site.

Have Fun! :D