• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Electron Microscope v2.3.8 (Update)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The WeatherMan

Fixed the EM version alert
EM can now work in read only mode
EM can now track very slow box

There was a problem detecting the presence of an internet connection when the alert message was clicked. This issue has been fixed.

I have finally figured out a solution to the issue where some security is compromised on some systems when [email protected] files and folders have to be set to read and write over the network. This is no longer necessary. EM will now work either way. If it is read and write or just read only, EM will function correctly. This has not been fully tested yet on Linux based systems that use Samba or some other method to expose Linux folders to the Windows OS. If you have issues and you're using Linux, please let me know. I'm pretty sure it will work correctly, but I may have missed something since I can't really test it.

I know some of you who have a bunch of slow boxen have been asking for a fix to this issue because EM doesn't track a box (frame rate) if it is very slow. EM can now track a box 16 times slower than the slowest box it could track previously. That should put just about anyone into that ballpark. While I have tested everything and it seems to work perfectly, please let me know if you have any issues with this new ability.

A big thank you to everyone who has contributed a few dollars to help me keep the EM-DC web site up and running. Every little bit helps and I appreciate the donations. :D

Please check the protein page to see if you might have one of my missing xyz protein files.

Thanks! :D

Get the latest version here: http://www.em-dc.com

latestem.jpg

OP
The WeatherMan

The WeatherMan

It looks like the read only mode works on Linux boxes ...
Looks good so far.
Still haven't had any reports about EM tracking really slow boxes yet...
Still waiting on feedback about that... ;)

Jonny 2x4

you have two running at the same time?

How do you get it to show the status of more than one computer? Can I get it to show the status of all of the computers with my UN on it?

OP
The WeatherMan

The WeatherMan

TommyHolly said:
OK, I got the EMIII installed and I'm trying to run it in stealth mode so I can hide both EMIII and [email protected] from the taskbar.

For some reason, all it will let me do is hide the EMIII and not the [email protected] icon?
EM needs to start the client when it starts.
Make sure there is a check in the box next to the local box path.
If that isn't there, EM won't know what box is local.

OSUmaxx

Jonny 2x4 said:
How do I make a non-local box?

Just add the box like normal (you can browse the network to find the executable). Don't put a check next to it in the options screen where you list your boxes.

Wedo

Senior Kitty Power!
Jonny 2x4 said:
How do I make a non-local box?

Before you add the box, make sure you have mapped to the drive on the remote box. So if you have folding on a computer named "Foldmonster" that runs FAH in C:\program files\folding, you would go to windows explorer, hit tools, map network drive.

Once the drive is mapped, you can point EMIII to the fahconsole.exe that's located on the remote machine.

Wedooooooooo

Zoilo

Once Bitten, Twice Shy
Tommy do you have the graphical or text only client? From what I understand, the text-only client doesn't have an icon in the system tray so can't it hide both the text client and itself?

OSUmaxx

Bon3thugz43v3r said:
How do you take stealth mode off?

Most effective way seems to be to put a file called show.me in the EMIII directory. It will pop back into view soon. I believe you can also hold down the scroll lock key for 30+ seconds.