• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EMERGENCY! Computer not starting.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Smartweb

Ok, I turn my PC off an night because my parents make me. Haha. Ok, now, when I turned my computer on this afternoon, it didn't do anything. I press the power button and nothing happens. The power supply is connected to a power cord that does have power. Then I looked in the case, and the thing that connects the power button to the mobo is connected. I have added no new hardware recently and have a 450 watt psu. The last time it was turned off, the surge protecter was switched off by my dog who stepped on it.

I.M.O.G.

Glorious Leader
First step when you are dead in the water is a cmos reset by your jbat jumper on the mobo - it should be listed in your manual. ;)

You should also find there the connector pins that power on your computer, which you can short with a screwdriver bypassing the power button... This eliminates the possibility of a faulty power button which could be easily replaced. :)