• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EMIII won't update my score anymore

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Audioaficionado

Sparkomatic Moderator
I tried double clicking and even blew away the EMIII folder and reinstalled. Still no joy.

I finally blew away and reinstalled FAH and then did the same for EMIII before restarting and configuring the FAH client. Nada...

I also noticed that all my settings including the box name was still in EMIII after all this. Where's that info being stored in windows as I think that's where I need to go to fix this annoying problem.

OP
Audioaficionado

Audioaficionado

Sparkomatic Moderator
It cleared everything but it's still stuck on last weeks score after I reset it back. It works on rig#1 but not on rig#2

Also if I blew away both EMIII and FAH before, where did the old config files come from after I rebuilt both clients? Where is that info being stored?

DeepScience

Super Kiwi
Well fancy that. Give read/write permissions on the remote folding folder and EM starts working.

EM also requires the console version, not the windows GUI version (it states that in the FAQ, I just hadn't noticed it before.)

filip04

DeepScience said:
Well fancy that. Give read/write permissions on the remote folding folder and EM starts working.

EM also requires the console version, not the windows GUI version (it states that in the FAQ, I just hadn't noticed it before.)

i have the gui version and its EM is working for me

OP
Audioaficionado

Audioaficionado

Sparkomatic Moderator
I have the text FAH3.14 and EMIII.

Where in windows is the EMIII data being stored? I did an exporer search and couldn't find anything other than the program folders and shortcuts.

OP
Audioaficionado

Audioaficionado

Sparkomatic Moderator
OK I completely blew away the EMIII program folder

Wiped out it's registry entry

Wiped out FAH

Reinstalled everything

restarted FAH

got new WU

Restarted EMIII

Went to set up my preferences and there's all my old box data popping in and when I double click the update window, I get last week's old score.

I tried to transplant my perfectly working program from my other box but it gets the 'no update possible bug' too.

Any ideas guys?

The WeatherMan

Yeah, the problem is with Internet Explorer...
Go to your IE Options menu...
Under Temporary Internet files, select Settings...
Select "Every visit to the page"

Your's is probably on "Automatically"... which means it's buggy.
Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't...

Press Ok, and Ok... and you're done.
EM should now update properly as long as your setting in the config file are correct.

OP
Audioaficionado

Audioaficionado

Sparkomatic Moderator
Thanks, that did the trick. Dang IE grabbed it eventhough I didn't go with the IE choice in the EMIII setup.

I have an even worse problem now.

I grabbed your screen saver and it's great. However I installed Chime and it grabbed all my scr and changed the file associantions and effectily killed them. I didn't see that checked change file associations box until it was too late. :mad:

I uninstalled Chime but the damage remains.

Select + Shift + right click doesn't work to change them in w2k.

Last edited:

DManeKid

um....i have the gui on 2 of my rigs....and i have emiii on all of my rigs, every one of them displays the gui rigs perfectly through my network.....you are insane to doubt EMIII!!

the weatherman! you are my idol! :)

The WeatherMan

Try copying and pasting the below info into a text file using notepad.
Once you do that, save the file.
Name the file restore.reg
Just make sure the .reg is the extension... the name of the file doesn't matter.

Double click the file... answer yes...

restart Windows...
Your screen saver should work...

If not, let me know and I'll see if something else needs to be changed.

You can download this file here: http://www.em-dc.com/download/restoreSCR.reg

.... copy everything below this line into the file ...
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MIME\Database\Content Type\application]
"Extension"=".scr"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\MIME\Database\Content Type\application]
"Extension"=".scr"

OP
Audioaficionado

Audioaficionado

Sparkomatic Moderator
Thanx weatherman,

I'll put this one in the safe for future use. I'm going to try chime on another system but I'm not allowing it to change file associations this time.

Unfortunatly I tried to install the new Server 2003 on the 3rd partition of my dual boot 98/w2k system and it ate the C:\ FAT so I ended up just reinstalling everything (except w2k3) on my second HD. When I'm done picking files of value from it, I'm reformatting and installing w2k3 alone on the root partition where it prefers to reside.