• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

End Balistix results

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jimmy53

For those whom are curious or interested...

I ended up about 210 - 215 with 3 volts (or so my MB says). Right now I am trying to murder it at 214 x 10.

All I wanted from this RAM was 200 with super tight timings. For the price, I think they're a great buy.

If enough people want to know I will loosen the timings and crank the MHZ but my MB / CPU probably won't go past 220 tops.

Enjoy

I thought the 2-2-2 went without saying. I would prefer 2-2-2 and lower FSB over 3-2-2 and higher FSB. I will give it a shot some time though. My CPU is unlocked.

Just being sure on the timings.

Drop your multi and see if the CPU is holding your memory overclock back unless you already did this.

I'm not sure if this holds true for Athlon XPs, but does the CAS setting not matter too much? I know this is the case for A64s and P4s with the OCZ EB RAM, but have no clue how the K7 archetecture is affected.

athlon xp, on nforce 2 boards are all about the timings. The reverse is true for intel/a64. Low timings is key on xp's

It's unknown what chips these have. There was a thread over at pcper about it. I just got back from a 16 hour work day to find my system crashed out @214. Better luck with 211 hopefully (420 is my favorite number anyways). I think these sticks would fly with more voltage but as I said, I would be perfectly happy @ 200 FSB.

Disk 11 I always throtle back the cpu when playing with RAM. Thanks for the sugestion anyhow.

they are some version of the micron -5b's with the fuses disabled/blown. somehow that allows better timings according to the crucial rep at pc pcerspective. go figure...

Ramlaen said:
athlon xp, on nforce 2 boards are all about the timings. The reverse is true for intel/a64. Low timings is key on xp's

And on A64- Boards it is not?
You mean A64 does not care about timings?

Man, hearing different things all the time... I wish I had one to test for myself...

flapperhead said:
they are some version of the micron -5b's with the fuses disabled/blown. somehow that allows better timings according to the crucial rep at pc pcerspective. go figure...

Yah thats a big load of ....you know what.

Back