• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Enemy Territory crashing to desktop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pcgirl

Machine specs:

A7N8X Deluxe
XP 2400+
512 MB Corsair PC2700
GF4 TI4200
Win XP Pro with all updates

Sometimes it will crash a few minutes into a game, other times I can play for an hour or so before it crashes. But every time I play, at some point the game will lock up, the sound will loop, and it crashes. I get the following message: "et.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows", etc. ET is the only game that I'm having problems with (UT2003 and Far Cry run great) and I'm not sure what is causing it. I suspect video drivers, but I've tried both new and old and I still get crashes.

I'm running the 53.03 series video drivers now...I'm thinking about trying an even older driver like the 44.03 and then see what happens. I tried the newest nForce 2 drivers for the mobo, and ET *really* didn't like those. So I went back to an older version of those drivers as well.

I've uninstalled the game twice and reinstalled it. I've also installed the patch for it.

The PC was overclocked at one point, but I brought it back down to stock speeds until I can get this problem resolved. Anyone have this problem before, or have any ideas about how to fix it?