• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Enermax or Fortron?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stan03

Fortron gets my vote. what is the smartfan thing you are talking about?

mribnik

I have that fortron and am very happy with it. it's pretty much silent. It doesn't have a 120mm fan on it though, nor does it have a fan facing down when the power supply is installed. If that's important to you, go with the enermax. Other than that, i would go based on looks (not very important, but a good reason to make a decision for one over the other since they are both excellent). Oh, the fortron is 530w and the enermax is 470w?? go with 530, because it's more!! hehe.

situman

mribnik said:
I have that fortron and am very happy with it. it's pretty much silent. It doesn't have a 120mm fan on it though, nor does it have a fan facing down when the power supply is installed. If that's important to you, go with the enermax. Other than that, i would go based on looks (not very important, but a good reason to make a decision for one over the other since they are both excellent). Oh, the fortron is 530w and the enermax is 470w?? go with 530, because it's more!! hehe.

not necessarily true. Look at the Antec trueppower 550. its 12v rail is only 24 :confused: go figure.

stereo555

Overclocking is music to my soul
situman said:
Look at the Antec trueppower 550. its 12v rail is only 24 :confused: go figure.

Thats because TruePower lines are "dedicated" and not shared . Meaning the 24amps for the 12v rail is ONLY for the 12v and not shared with any other rails . The same applies to the 3v(32a) 5v(40a) rails. ;)

Last edited:

stan03

stereo555 said:
Thats because TruePower lines are "dedicated" and not shared . Meaning the 24amps for the 12v rail is ONLY for the 12v and not shared with any other rails . The same applies to the 3v(32a) 5v(40a) rails. ;)

the TP is an excellent power supply btw, i didn't mention it because it wasn't one of your links, but i have mine running the computer in my sig, in addition to the 4 hds it has 3 CC lights, a nb fan and 7 case fans. rails are rock solid.