• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Enlight 7237 Fans?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sniper564

Registered
Hi, I was wondering how i should setup the fans. Like should I have say have a 80mm 50cfm coming in and another one going out? Or does the PSU's fan go out? And should i have equal pressure or postivite pressure?
Thanks. :)

Hoot

Inactive Moderator
Feel up for to simple experiment? If your HSF fan blows into the HS, put the stronger one on the rear opening, blowing in and the weaker one on the fron opening, blowing out. Run some stress test until the CPU temp stops rising. Record that CPU temp. Now, reverse them, with the stronger blowing in the front and the weaker blowing out the rear. Run the same stressing test and record the CPU temp. See which way is cooler. If your HSF fan draws air out of the HS, reverse the test order. By stronger and weaker fans, I mean a Sunon 42.5cfm or Panaflo 47cfm as the stronger and a Sunon 36cfm as the weaker. That will balance out considering the PSU fan as a secondary exhaust fan. depending upon your PC room temp and how high you intend to OC, you might be better served modding both openings for 92x32mm Sanyo Denki 55cfm fans.

Hoot

OP
S

Sniper564

Registered
I was wondering if i should put a stronger fan for intake because if the psu fan has an outake fan then wont i have negative pressure? I would like to know which setup i should have so I dont get much dust sucked in. So should I use say a 47cfm fan for intake and maybe like a 36 cfm fan for outake (and would this be positive pressure)?
And Hoot where could I get a 47cfm Panaflow fan?
Thanks.

Hoot

Inactive Moderator
Sniper564 (Jun 25, 2001 10:51 p.m.):
I was wondering if i should put a stronger fan for intake because if the psu fan has an outake fan then wont i have negative pressure? I would like to know which setup i should have so I dont get much dust sucked in. So should I use say a 47cfm fan for intake and maybe like a 36 cfm fan for outake (and would this be positive pressure)?
And Hoot where could I get a 47cfm Panaflow fan?
Thanks.

I thought that was what I implied in my previous post. Many resellers have the Panaflo 80mm 47 cfm fan. Millisec.com comes to mind. They are loud for a non-Delta, but not a screamer. Also consider the Sanyo Denki Petit Ace 32. Also a good air mover (53cfm), but like the Panaflo, loud. This is the alternate fan used on the Swiftech MC-462A instead of the Delta.

SharkyTM

dude, positive pressure is the only way to go... i agree with hoot on most of his comments... consider placing a blowhole either on the side panel, or on top, they really help keep the case cool... if you want to, do both, and put a higher flow fan on the side blowing in, and a lesser power fan on top, blowing out...

SharkyTM

OP
S

Sniper564

Registered
Could anyone tell me if the fan on the psu blows out or in and whats the cfm rating on it?
Thanks.

Hoot

Inactive Moderator
That varies from PSU to PSU. In my Antec, the speed varies. In PSUs with one fan, they typically exhaust air out of the case. Some PSUs, like the Enermax line have two fans. One blows into the PSU using air from withing the case and the other blows out of the PSU. You have to consider the PSU as another exhaust fan when trying to determine what speed to use on the intake fan. I don't think any of them are real powerful. I shoot for 10-20 cfm more inflow to allow for the PSU fans outflow.

Hoot

OP
S

Sniper564

Registered
If I used to fans that are the same (one for intake and one for outake) would i get a lot of dust in my case since the powersupply fan? Or would having say a 36cfm fan for outake and 42.5cfm fan for intake reduce the amount of dust a lot?

Hoot

Inactive Moderator
I really don't credit the PSU fan with upsetting the balance so greatly as to cause rampant dust ingress through every crack and crevice. It is not sealed that tightly against the case. If I have the opportunity, I allow for it, but if I don't, I don't lose sleep over it. You would be better served with the 36cfm out and the 42.5cfm in. Positive pressure does not stop the ingress of dust, it just helps prevent it from sneaking in every little opening in the case you have. You'll still get some dust in through the main intake fan. I prefer not to filter and just do preventive maintenance every once in a while. I blow out everything with compressed air, but then my house is not very dusty.

Hoot