• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

enough psu for this cfg?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fanaticati

Registered
cpu:e7500 stock
heatsink:stock
videocard:4870 xfx 512 stock 750/900
hdd:1x 160
1x dvd
it worked long time with no trouble but when i oced cpu to 3.6 ghz and left it so about 1 week i got this great errors: the gpu got very high temps.. i returned cpu to stock clocks and volts but still not resolved the problem.. i think my psu is reason
ATX 600 W but very poor quality: +12v----26a 1 rail
help please is the psu reason?

CPU: 65W
GPU: 290W
RAM: probably about 10W
everything else: <100W

It *should* be fine. What does the bios say about the voltages? (Usually it's under the system monitering tab)
Also what exactly is the problem? (like how hot was the GPU exactly and what errors were you getting?)

Nooo as in each component uses that and the everything else adds up to about 100W or so.
Add them all up and you get about 500W so a 600W power suply should be able to handle your rig just fine.

Also what are the bios readings? If your +12v rail is at 13v then you have a problem for example...

Yikes. A 600W PSU sporting only 26A on the 12v rail? No thanks. Get something else. A 600W PSU should have something along the lines of 45A+ available on the 12v.

What brand is the PSU?
What was your highest GPU temp?

@ Tiny - that GPU is absolutely nowhere close to being a 290W card. More like 120W.

Neah, probably he want to say 290W AC for the whole system in Furmark and prime95. :D

fanaticati pick a good 500W PSU and you're done. Corsair VX550 is a good example to start.
Today I saw a great deal for an Enermax Eco 80+ 500W. Only $40 after rebates. It's a steal. :)

fckn ATX and only single 12v solution :( it is very low price psu.. maybe about 20$ or something lower...
i have this one in my mind---- http://www.allmark.ge/ge/item379.html will it be powerfull enough?
but i still want to oc my cpu and buy new cpu cooler....

You can do worlds better than that Tagan with a Corsair. The build quality is several times better, along with cleaner power output.

Go with a Corsair, you won't be sorry. Best PS I have ever owned.
but is it cheap enough?:cry: i have already spent all my money with that cfg.. but if only way is corsair please advise me exactly whch one(sorry for language :()

Back