• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Enthoo Pro - Air Flow Experts Help (Theoretical)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mark617

Ok, so thinking of this case - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...54003&cm_re=enthoo_pro-_-11-854-003-_-Product

Have these fans - http://www.thermalfx.com/merchant2/...T&Product_Code=109R1212H101&Category_Code=120

CPU Cooler - Noctua D15 with both fans (facing / blowing towards rear exhaust)

mark case.png

So, here is my question. The arrows take care of all possible fan locations for my given setup. I plan on replacing the two stock fans with mine. I like my fans ~ Anyway, I was going to put two on the top as exhaust, two on the front as intakes, and one on the rear as exhaust. I felt that the one on the bottom (as either I or E) would disrupt airflow and I was not going to put one in the rear most top slot, as I figured that too would disrupt somewhat the airflow for the CPU / exhaust. I figured in this configuration I would maximize airflow / cooling.

My question is, THEORETICALLY, does this setup sound good? Right? What are the problems / problematic assumptions? I don't have the case yet and want to order fans, extension wires, etc. so I can get going on day one of its arrival.

Thank you!

front/sides = intake
top/rear = exhaust

= good airflow. Looks good to me.

As far as the bottom fan disrupting anything, I wouldn't say so, just don't have it cranked is my suggestion if you do decide to use it.

Make sure that 38mm thick fans will fit in that case.

Also, I feel sorry for you listening to those fans all the time.

As for the top, would you use the two in the order I described, leaving the back most slot open? Or would you use all three / use the rear two slots etc.? I assume the CPU / exhaust will prevent any sort of air pocket in that upper rear portion of the case and if I crank the top two exhuast fans being in front of the cpu cooler will optimize flow (that's my assumption).

I realistically would crank all five fans (don't mind the noise) and suppose a fan running at a low speed could be useful in the third rear top exhaust / bottom (as you suggested).

I know I need to wait to actually use the thing and test it out, but thank you for endulging my OCD / anal retentive nature =P

Make sure that 38mm thick fans will fit in that case.

Also, I feel sorry for you listening to those fans all the time.

Yeah, using them at 38 versus 25 has eliminated a lot of cases for me. I know I can go smaller, but then I would want good 25 mm fans and then I add up cost and my $1000 build is already approaching $1500 lol. I blame you guys, but that's why I come here. My last $1000 build was like $1800 and that was years ago haha.

Only five, which is why I am trying to justify things with five fans lol.

I figure I can buy one / two more of a recommended fan if need be. I just prefer stuff to match both aestically (although they are ugly / hidden) and functionally.

Back