• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

envy 15

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

reboot

I just got mine today, took some pics and video which ill get up here later, my first impressions are that its stupidly awesome, all things considered. Ill get a more betta review up as soon as I can :) I never thought I would ever own an hp product, and im blown away by this one.

MonkeyMhz

Yea, HP bought out Voodo. Which is what the Envy was originally from, Hp is doing a good job on the laptop side of things.

The Envy 15 is beautiful and it has a i7+5830 (or was it 4830?) either way its a awesome gpu for laptops. It really caught my eye, ill consider it for the future. However its price (2199.99 Canadian) is pretty steep. But i would take it over any other simularly priced laptop.

Enjoy it,

Adragontattoo

Trailer Chasing Senior
I picked up a DV7-3085 instead of an Alienware OR Envy. I couldnt justify the extra grand for a similar specced laptop with a 1080p screen. I also have a personal preference against ATI currently due to thier subpar linux drivers and the fact that the CCC has been a nightmare everytime I have dealt with it. I dont have Blu-ray at home so I dont need that either. The Envy and Alienware machines are very nice but for the extra grand, I would rather get a bag, printer, N++ router, monitor and a few other things.

I went up to this from a NC-6000 with a P4m 1.6.

The new job has me on almost 90% travel currently so I am seriously debating selling off most of the rigs I have and dropping down to a single desktop and the lappie.

MonkeyMhz

I picked up a DV7-3085 instead of an Alienware OR Envy. I couldnt justify the extra grand for a similar specced laptop with a 1080p screen. I also have a personal preference against ATI currently due to thier subpar linux drivers and the fact that the CCC has been a nightmare everytime I have dealt with it. I dont have Blu-ray at home so I dont need that either. The Envy and Alienware machines are very nice but for the extra grand, I would rather get a bag, printer, N++ router, monitor and a few other things.

I went up to this from a NC-6000 with a P4m 1.6.

The new job has me on almost 90% travel currently so I am seriously debating selling off most of the rigs I have and dropping down to a single desktop and the lappie.

Ive switched over, I find ATI wayy better. Mainly cuz my experience with Nvidia has been somewhat poor. Regardless, both are good. ATI does have crappy linux support though. And its drivers can be a nightmare sometimes, but they have improved drastically.

And Nvidias mobile solutions, typically in netbooks, notebooks, phones, whatever is absolutely the best. (Aside from those terrible faulty 8400/8600s).