• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EOC F@H stats gadget for Vista Sidebar!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Lancelot said:
Yes that works, the text is a bit scrambled though; right now it looks like this...

gadget.gif
what's your screen resolution?? it looks fine on 2 of my vista machine (1 laptop, 1 19" monitor)

Lancelot said:
1920x1200 native Truelife 17" Widescreen resolution. Font size has been custom adjusted to it so that's the problem probably...
now I see. I'll look into it and probably make some adjustment for the font/table size in the next reversion. ;)

Here is another vista gadget ... less function that LS's but some of you vista users might like it ...

http://forum.folding-community.org/viewtopic.php?t=19094

/edit I haven't tried it since i don't have vista ... no urge to get it either since it only seems to get in the way of folding and doesn't help it.

Last edited:
I can't get mine to pop up, even though it is installed here: C:\Users\*My Name*\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar\Gadgets\FahGadget_v1.0.gadget.~0003

Any idea what I need to do?

veryhumid said:
I can't get mine to pop up, even though it is installed here: C:\Users\*My Name*\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar\Gadgets\FahGadget_v1.0.gadget.~0003

Sorry no help here ... i don't have vista.

veryhumid said:

it's one level too deep in the file system. click on FahGadget_v1.0 folder, you should see another folder in the same name! just cut and paste all the contents into the first level FahGadget_v1.0 folder. instruction updated at top post! :)

p.s. v2.0 is almost done!! it will also included team stats as requested from others and will included new update clock that will update 20mins after every EOC update regardless your time zone & when to start the gadget. and this time hopefully I'll package it better so it won't install a level too deep!!

Version 2.0 is done!!

detail:
- added team stats

- hardcoded the unique URL so only user name & team number is needed.

- also, re-calculated update timer so it will update 20mins after every EOC update.
- repackaged the gadget, this time, it will install into the correct directory too!

hope you'll like it!! :cool:

Ok I just got version 2.0 running. It installed and setup flawlessly. My fonts still do not fit, but the FAH-logo is not messed up anymore so it definetly looks better!

mines up and running....kinda wish there were some more options like backgrounds and the like. the white isn't too appealing but whatever it works and I'm happy.

thanks man.

ludeboy12 said:
mines up and running....kinda wish there were some more options like backgrounds and the like. the white isn't too appealing but whatever it works and I'm happy.

thanks man.
different background graphic is in plan. ;)

I installed v2.0, but am running into a prob. Input my user name and team number but get an error that reads "Error occurs. Object expected" I have no idea what this means. Here is the screen shot.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 441
portorock said:
I installed v2.0, but am running into a prob. Input my user name and team number but get an error that reads "Error occurs. Object expected" I have no idea what this means. Here is the screen shot.
what's your user name & team number?? (sorry for the late reply, just got back from out of town)

portorock said:
Portorock and 32 (of course). I even tried my unique number from extreme overclocking and that didn't work.
I tried on mine and it works fine! try to uninstall the gadget and reinstall it again. also, make sure you didn't typo!

do you have another vista machine to try? see if it's that particular machine's problem? 'cos I've also tried on my GF's new iMac (bootcamp to vista), and no problem too.

Back