• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Epox 8KHA+ Questions..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yodums

OK First of all I will most likely get this board and I have questions.

Does this board have revisions? The reason I ask is because I have an Enermax 431watt (I just bought it), and before Enermax and Epox had problems, I know red hot machine has his Epox 8K7A with the same PSU I have. I wonder if these problems are gone, thanks.

Second how accurate is the thermistor on the board?

Yodums

nikhsub1

Unoriginal Macho Moderator
First why not get the 8k3a? My experience with Enermax and Epox has been all good, maybe I'm lucky. Not sure about the revisions. No in socket thermistor is accurate but it seems to be ok, nothing like the ASUS.

tyshy

does the 8k3a support pc2100 266mhz ram if it says 333 ddr cause i don't wanna have to get new ram if i get this board. I have never heard of any probs with the enermax and the epox boards but then again i have not been in the psu or cases section in a while.

UnseenMenace

UnseenModerator
dragon orb 3 said:
does the 8k3a support pc2100 266mhz ram if it says 333 ddr cause i don't wanna have to get new ram if i get this board. I have never heard of any probs with the enermax and the epox boards but then again i have not been in the psu or cases section in a while.

yes it does support 2100 ddr. The KT-333 is the first chipset from VIA to officially support 333 MHz memory operation. Most people's eyes would be fixed on this number, "333", however there should be a few facts people should know about this chipset. Firstly, there are no added functions or improvements over KT-266A.

tyshy

maybe ill just go with the 8kha+ kt266a for a little cheaper......besides i am buying a new proc and i wanna try to keep the total price under 200 plus shipping so if i can get a board under 90 that would be good. I have heard good things about the 8kha+.