• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Epox 8KMM or Albatron

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lazerblade

Registered
hey, i'm on a REALLY Tight budget, but basically i need another machine, i want to get an ATHLON 1800 (preferably) and put it on a budget board, www.ebuyer.com stocks both the Albatron KX400+pro and the Epox 8kmm (micro atx), along with a few other boards.. bear in mind that i want to overclock the athlon, preferably to DDR333 (or close to it) and about XP2000 speed (on air cooling) anyone know which is the best board? have any suggestions? ideally i want to be ripping DVD to avi on it, so speed and reliability must be good, but it must be cheap (am i dreaming of a perfect world?) expansion ports ain't a problem, as long as i have 3 PCI, and one AGP :) :burn:
thanks

Asus A7N266-VM SKT A Integrated NVIDIA GeForce2 Graphics & ALC650 audio, AMD ATHLON-XP 1600+ 266 FSB, Kingston Memory 256MB 333MHz DDR PC2700 DIMM, Coolermaster CP5-6J31C Socket A Upto 2700XP, Maxtor Diamondmax Plus 8 40Gb ATA 133 7200rpm sound good to you guys? i can just about afford the £236.37 bill.. could probably stretch just to a XP1800 too :)

The 8KMM will probably only have FSB adjustment if any overclocking options at all. Not a good choice if you plan to overclock, but the KM266 boards perform very well @ stock speeds. On par w/ KT266A boards in my experience...definitely a good choice for an all-in-one solution. Used a couple of MSI's version of the KM266 now and quite happy with their performance.

Back