• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Epox 8RDA+ is upon us finally

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Serraph

http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11033

Epox Tech says they're already being manufactured. Another good sign is that Epox.com just posted the manual for it on their website. My pile of new parts will finally have a home. ftp://ftp.epox.com/motherboard/support/Manual/mu-8rda&+10.pdf You may have to go there manually and right click on it and hit save as since it doesn't seem to be loading through the link but it is working. I have the pdf saved on my harddrive. BTW found out why it's not loading. It's 10.6 mb and it loads real slow.

Last edited:

Lumen

yah, im really excited!!! Although the manual has been up for like a week or so...

Kosmic

BTW, thanks for posting that link Serraph. It's good to know that most of the interesting threads on other boards will make it here. Saves me a lot of effort. :D

attack

anyone wanna buy an 8k3a? :D

i'm gonna see what peoples reactions are with this board....if everyone likes it and no glitches I'm gonna sell my 8k3a and my TBSC!

finaly a board that has good voltage adjustments for everything INCLUDING AGP! Don't flop on us now nforce2 and epox!

OP
Serraph

Serraph

NP Kosmic1 :D

Forget about reviews...I'm buying this the second it hits the market hehe. Not a good thing to do usually but I've been waiting for it for a very long time and can't wait a second longer.

Kosmic

My thoughts exactly. If you really can run "everything asynchronous" like that guy says, that might solve my FSB problem with my new 2400 that doesn't like 200 FSB, even though my memory and my old 1800 AGOIA looooved it. I *might* pounce on this when it hits the market...or at least after serraph reviews it. Go serraph, go! :D

Kosmic

BTW serraph, what CPU do you have to go into that bad-azz motherboard? If it's a 2400, I'll be REALLY interested to see what you can get out of it.

OP
Serraph

Serraph

Well nothing too good. Just a AGOIA 1600+, 512 corsair xms 3200, ax-7/TT sf 2, soon to be Epox 8rda+. Probably won't upgrade CPU until Barton comes out.

attack

I looked on epox website and from the pictures of the nforce2 mobos it looks like they have the holes....doesn't meen that production boards are going to HAVE them, but it's a good chance

Last edited:

DiaperGravy

If your referring to the EP-8RDA Nforce2 board then the answer is yes it does have the four mounting holes for either water/Air heat sinks :clap: Hrmm good point ajrettke

Can't wait till I see some reviews on this puppy!!! Gots to get my hands on one!!!!! WooT:eek:

Tipycol

Kosmic1 said:
My thoughts exactly. If you really can run "everything asynchronous" like that guy says, that might solve my FSB problem with my new 2400 that doesn't like 200 FSB, even though my memory and my old 1800 AGOIA looooved it. I *might* pounce on this when it hits the market...or at least after serraph reviews it. Go serraph, go! :D

Does the chip not like high fsbs or not like high MHz? Cause if you got the Epox nForce 2, i bet you could run the comp with a fsb of 333 and a multi of 6.5 :D

Kosmic

It's that the chip doesn't seem to want to run high FSB without massive vcore and vdim voltage. I even dropped my multi way, way down and still had the same problem. I think it's something in the .13 micron architecture and the way it handles info at high fsb speeds, regardless of core MHz.

Right now, 185 FSB isn't even close to using up all the bandwidth I have with my corsair 3200. I do have the proc up to 2220 and have had it higher with no problem...AS LONG as the fsb isn't high, too. Another possibility is that my unlock job isn't so great. When I get the 8rda, I'll remove my unlock job since nforce2 gives all multis by default on the tbreds.

Tipycol

Anyone check the manual? I'm not sure where in the bios you'd set the 1:1 divider for the AGP and PCI buses and the manual doesn't mention anything about a 1:1 divider. Anyone know where it is or if they call the divider something else?

OP
Serraph

Serraph

I read through the manual. I'm pretty sure there is a BIOS option that let's you manually set the AGP bus to 66.6 mhz instead of using a divider since they aren't linked anymore. Setting it to 66.6 mhz will automatically set the PCI to 33.3 mhz so there is no PCI bus to set. One less setting you have to do. ;)

Tipycol

K thanks. The memory divider was different from what I expected too, I thought it would be like a MHz setting like you could do with the fsb, instead it's just different options for a percent of the fsb.

tbirdkiri

Kosmic1 said:
It's that the chip doesn't seem to want to run high FSB without massive vcore and vdim voltage. I even dropped my multi way, way down and still had the same problem. I think it's something in the .13 micron architecture and the way it handles info at high fsb speeds, regardless of core MHz.

Right now, 185 FSB isn't even close to using up all the bandwidth I have with my corsair 3200. I do have the proc up to 2220 and have had it higher with no problem...AS LONG as the fsb isn't high, too. Another possibility is that my unlock job isn't so great. When I get the 8rda, I'll remove my unlock job since nforce2 gives all multis by default on the tbreds.

well sneeking suspicion points to the possibility that its not the cpu that doesnt like it, cause the cpu shouldnt care, but rather the northbridge on the board you have now.... we will see..