• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Epox EP-762 760MPX motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

donny_paycheck

Inactive Super Quad Mod
I just called axiontech.com and Epox is shipping these on the 15th, a week from next Monday. They expect to get them in stock by the 21st. This is the long-awaited 760MPX board from Epox that will feature a southbridge that actually works. Preorder one from them for $300 or wait for the reviews. This board should be a good one to overclock with.

The newest Tyan shipped already has the fixed USB and overclocking features . S2466n-4m is the part number .

Why wait on the epox ?

I've been waiting on the Epox and ABit WA2A because they're two companies (ABit especially) that have been known for having good ocable parts. This new Tiger looks good though, and I just may choose it because I want to fold proteins and we all know AMD dominates FPU performance.

Last edited:
Well personally I think in the dual arena Abit or Tyan is the way to go ..

If I chose an AMD dual as I have I would pick the Tyan because it worked closely with AMD and was an exclusive maker on the first boards.Now with overclocking features it is even a stronger looker to me.

Yes, I've considered this...do you know anything about the Gigabyte? It has the best review ratings alongside the Tyan and above the MSI and Asus. I'm also looking at that one.

I havent seen reviews of it yet but I really dont see any major performance differences between the boards.So that being the case I usually go for the one with the longest history in making the board .

Tyan has never been a overclocker/tweaker company. They make boards mostly to target industrial oriented OEMs. I'd be suspect of anything of theirs that is targeted fr overclockers.

I'll wait on either the Epox or the Iwill.

SB

What do u guys think of the Asus A7M266-D ?

For me it was a tossup between the Tyan Tiger or this one, I prefered the Asus because I've heard of the Tyan boards being very finicky. There are sites out there dedicated to overcoming its obstacles.

I suggest Tyan and can tell you thay have The MPX with fixed on board usb available now.It also has overclocking features.

So ya might want to shoot to tyan.com and see what thay got ?

Back