• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Equation to figure out how many watts a CPU is putting out.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

engjohn

Do you know one, Let me know.

I allready know this one,

Hoc=Hdef(Vnew/Vdef)^2(Snew/Sdef).
Hdef =the defaut heat of your CPU which I'll guess is 15-16Watts more precise can be found on the Intel spec sheet for it.
Vnew is your new voltage,
Vdef is default voltage, and that "^2" is too the power of 2 or just square the answer in those brackets.
Snew is your new CPU speed (1035),
Sdef is your CPU's default speed (633).

but you need to know the ORIGIONAL data first. It is the orgional data I am looking for. I do not want to add all intel and AMD processor specs into a database if there is a simple equation I can do...

hmm, if you go to shadows ftp site you can find a program I uploaded called Radiate, it calculates the wattage a cpu puts out. Just tell it the CPU type, voltage, and speed and it does the rest. Very handy!

dunno260 (May 29, 2001 08:34 p.m.):
hmm, if you go to shadows ftp site you can find a program I uploaded called Radiate, it calculates the wattage a cpu puts out. Just tell it the CPU type, voltage, and speed and it does the rest. Very handy!

I am integrating this feature into a proggie that I am writing, so I kinda need the equation...

dunno260 (May 29, 2001 08:34 p.m.):

Any chance of a url?

I belive there is no such eq you can use to solve this task, since to wattage is highly dependent on cpu specs........

You are stuck with cpu specs as a baseline. Perhaps you want to use this eq to calculate the "specs" for all durons just from the D-600 values, and all Tbirds from T-700 etc.

btw
I dont like your signature.

Eriksson (May 31, 2001 12:07 p.m.):
I belive there is no such eq you can use to solve this task, since to wattage is highly dependent on cpu specs........

You are stuck with cpu specs as a baseline. Perhaps you want to use this eq to calculate the "specs" for all durons just from the D-600 values, and all Tbirds from T-700 etc.

btw
I dont like your signature.

Thnaks for the info...

I have changed my sig. Hopefully this one does not offend anyone...
The previous sig was from a Rob Zombie song...

Back