• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Error when opening webpages...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Soyo Boy

Hey guys, having a hard time figuring out why I keep getting errors when I open up a new webpage from websites.

For example:

When I'm browsing a website (any) then click a link from this website, and it opens in a new window, I get this error that asks, would I like to send info to microsoft, or do not send... I click do not send and it closes all the web-browsers. It's really annoying and cannot figure out what it is. Thanks for you help in advance.

-Randall

DaWiper

Image Compare Man
As I see it you have two choices:
1. Reinstall Internet Explorer or get the nevest version
2. Get another browser that's capable to operate without IE's files...
Here you can download the latest version of Opera. It's free, but there are one little banner ad. You can pay for it and the banner goes away. I use it myself, never crashed(winxp).

OP
Soyo Boy

Soyo Boy

DaWiper said:
As I see it you have two choices:
1. Reinstall Internet Explorer or get the nevest version
2. Get another browser that's capable to operate without IE's files...
Here you can download the latest version of Opera. It's free, but there are one little banner ad. You can pay for it and the banner goes away. I use it myself, never crashed(winxp).

Thanks!!!

redduc900

Inactive Moderator
What OS and version of IE are you running? I'll assume you're running either XP or W2K...if so, I would suggest running Event Viewer (in order to access the error logs, and check for any critical errors). Start | Run | Type eventvwr.msc and click OK | Highlight "Application" and "System" independently in the LH pane | Right click the error message(s) (critical errors are in Red), and select "Properties" | Write down a couple of the error messages related to IE exactly as they appear (under the "Description" field), and post them in this thread.

Also, open the System Information tool by typing msinfo32 in the Run box | Expand "Components" | Highlight "Problem Devices", and look for any problems that might be listed there. A quick rundown of your system specs might also be helpful to us. :)