• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Error

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ChasR

VMware has been pretty solid, but looks like it barfed on you. Pushing the OC up a bit too much might cause a crash of that nature.

Adak

That's a new error to me, but since it says the source was the internal monitor, I'm guessing it had something to do with the memory for the VM, becoming unusable or inadequate.

How much memory does this VM have to work in, and how much memory is in this system, in total?

First time you've seen this message, right? What's the o/c on this box?

ChasR

3.8 GHz pushes out -bigadv in 31 min/frame in native Linux. HA is doing it in 30:28 in a VM. That's got to be close to 4.0 GHz, which might be too much to ask of a VM on -bigadv and maybe native Linux as well. I took it to be a cpu fault, based on the vcpu-5:VMM64 fault, but it could just as well be memory.

OP
Hardass

Hardass

3.8 GHz pushes out -bigadv in 31 min/frame in native Linux. HA is doing it in 30:28 in a VM. That's got to be close to 4.0 GHz, which might be too much to ask of a VM on -bigadv and maybe native Linux as well. I took it to be a cpu fault, based on the vcpu-5:VMM64 fault, but it could just as well be memory.

Running 4.0 with 6gb ram 4300 assigned to vm. And of course it could not crash with 2% done it had to wait until it was half done. Have backed it down to 3.9 on the OC.