• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Estimated top speed of my chip?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Goo Kenson

XP 1600+ AGOIA F 0212. A7V333 mobo, 512 mb Samsung pc2700 RAM.

Cooling is MCX462+ and Smart Fan 2.

My only current goal is to get 166x10.5 (1743) so how high do you think this chip could go?

nightowl

For some reason my chip would not do 166x10.5 and be 100% stable. So I unlocked it and now run it at 190x9 and it is as stable as a rock. I was not in a rush to unlock my chip got forced into it and am very glad I did. However I have read about many cpus going past 180 with 10.5 multiplier so go for it and see :D

OP
G

Goo Kenson

nightowl said:
For some reason my chip would not do 166x10.5 and be 100% stable. So I unlocked it and now run it at 190x9 and it is as stable as a rock. I was not in a rush to unlock my chip got forced into it and am very glad I did. However I have read about many cpus going past 180 with 10.5 multiplier so go for it and see :D

What stepping was it? I don't think I'll unlock my chip. I don't have the guts to do that, plus I was very lucky to get that stepping because I got it from newegg after they stpped advertising AGOIA, so I thought I'd get an AROGA or something ****ty. Anyway, my cooling is pretty good.

My hsf I said in first post
1 top blowhole exhaust
2 bottom-front intake
2 back exhaust
1 psu back exhaust

and another fan on bottom of psu. I need to clear some cables out of the way, though.

nightowl

The chip in my main rig is an AROIA 9 and it would go to 162 fsb no problem anything over and it would not survive PRIME95. Now it is unlocked i can get it much further and running at a higher clock speed.
AROIA9.jpg

OP
G

Goo Kenson

nightowl said:
The chip in my main rig is an AROIA 9 and it would go to 162 fsb no problem anything over and it would not survive PRIME95. Now it is unlocked i can get it much further and running at a higher clock speed.
AROIA9.jpg

So you lowered the mult and raised fsb higher?

maxima88

If you're lucky 166fsb should be no problem.
AGOIA and AROIA are all the same. It's all about luck. Some AGOIA's o/c very well, some don't. Same w/ the AROIA.

It also depends on the rest of your hardware.
Got my AGOIA K to 187fsb.

Yodums

What motherboard do you have? Someone I know has the chip and he got it to 1.85 GHz unlocked at 194x9.5. Also, he realised that after many failed attempts at unlocking, he had to use a pin and scrape the dots on the L1 because it had some kind of coat on it preventing it to be shortened if any conductive substance was on the bridges. Alot depends on your motherboard though.

OP
G

Goo Kenson

Yodums said:
What motherboard do you have? Someone I know has the chip and he got it to 1.85 GHz unlocked at 194x9.5. Also, he realised that after many failed attempts at unlocking, he had to use a pin and scrape the dots on the L1 because it had some kind of coat on it preventing it to be shortened if any conductive substance was on the bridges. Alot depends on your motherboard though.

A7V333

Yodums

Goo Kenson said:

I'm guessing you may hit a wall around 1.75 GHz at the 1.85vcore but with that over volt jumper Asus has which sets it to 2.1v, you should be able to get 1.85 GHz just that your cooling doesn't pass for that voltage.

Yodums

maxima88

A7V333, Great mobo. That means that you've got a great shot at 1.9Ghz or higher. Just dont know how your HSF performs.

OP
G

Goo Kenson

maxima88 said:
A7V333, Great mobo. That means that you've got a great shot at 1.9Ghz or higher. Just dont know how your HSF performs.

Performs very well.

I'm really only aiming for 1743, which is 10.5x166. That speed would be insane for me. So much memory bandwidth...*drools*

Yodums

Goo Kenson said:

Performs very well.

I'm really only aiming for 1743, which is 10.5x166. That speed would be insane for me. So much memory bandwidth...*drools*

That is probably guaranteed. I'm only on a 0208 chip which maxes out at 1.75 GHz at 1.85v. Your 0212 may get there at default even and from then on require lots of voltage.

bobt17

i run an xp 1600+ agoia y 0213 on that mobo at 1.9ghz 181x10.5
with 1.85v and temps around 42C i could run with 1.8v if i put my twister on high to take the temps down to about 35C this cpu/mobo combo work great togather have fun finding the limits of your chip