• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ever heard of this one ? (problem)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mikren

Registered
Slight problem i'm having since i've started o/c ing.
Every time i go in my bios to change either mult. fsb or voltage, whichever, and reboot, my screen resolution goes down to 640x480. Most of the time i cant change it back , for that matter i can't change it at all. Maybee 1 out of 10 i'll be able to change it, most times i have to reboot again and again before it's set back to 800x600. Very strange also very anoying...any ideas?????

Hoot

Inactive Moderator
When I go a step too far on the FSB, the same happens to me. Back off the FSB a step or two and see if that helps.

Hoot

Da Whip

Sunny Florida, you can keep the midwest!!
Have you any air moving across the video card? (not the cheesy factory fan)
If not , get a card cooler or cut a hole on the side of case to blow air on card.
Are you running the latest drivers for your card? That helped me w/ a similar problem.

OP
M

mikren

Registered
Tks for the reply's fellas.
My fsb is default at 100
voodoo 5 5500

I have a case fan bellow in front of the case drawing air in....the voodoo card being so long ,it definitly gets cool air blown onto it. The card is also o/c at 182mhz.

According to your replies, i guess the voodoo is getting to hot???

Fiz

Hey milk, try running the card at default speed, if the prob stops,the card is getting too hot. I stuck an old fan on my Voodoo and it is rock stable. Ususally if I push the proc alittle too far, my drivers won't load correctly and I have to back it off a bit and reboot, then all is good.

Fiz