• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

everquest

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I wouldn't doubt is mastitti. The game was very addicting.

to Dark D:I would never pay over 20 a month for a subscription to a game. I cant see people paying that 35-40 a month!

Total waste of time. If you don't mind a video game ruling your life you'll have a great time otherwise you won't like it. Sony even said it will take the average gamer 600 game hours to get to level 50 on the console version. Just as big a waste of time as the PC version.

I dont like the idea's of big games like Everquest to go on console. It just doesnt fit the console stature in my opinion. They are probably just testing to see how much $$ it brings in. Im fixing to get a X-Box live kit though to play FPS through it. Now thats fun!

Yeah, i've been playin' Ultima Online for about 2 years and I'm finally quiting. Hehe, if you're in a MMORPG, quit while you can and if you aren't then don't start one, lol.

Its funny how i bad mouth eq. but im waiting for the next big MMORPG to come out (Star wars galaxy's) i cant stay away. Atleast now i have a JOB then just sit home all day and play

i like mmorpg's , but i lose interest in them after a few months. They're okay to kill times when you're bored, but when you start putting off real life things to play the game is when it's time to re-evaluate your situation.

as far as everquest being on the console, what's the point of playing that kind of game without a keyboard? and if you buy a keyboard for your playstation, why not just play on the computer? a keyboard wasn't on the list of requirements for beta testing it either, so not sure what they have planned for that.

They said in a magaize review that there are menus and programable macros for limited interaction like certain phrases. Hello, bye, OOM, whatever you can think of. Any USB keyboard will work with it tho so it would probably be much easier to spend $20 and get a keyboard.

Anyway, the game is simplified. i.e. no stats to raise, no medding, a much faster paced game, the ability to solo. They even said you will beable to acomplish stuff in an hour or 2 of spare time, like quests.

It sounded really great until I read the part about 500 hours to raise your character to 50 like the other review (except 1 the first estimate was 100 hours higher).

500 or 600 hours to get to the highest level. Please, thats insane. If they had amde it a bit more realistic I would have bought a PS2 to play the dumb thing. Not to mention trying out other classes and races.

Besides sitting around starring at a book for 15 minutes waiting for mana to regen, watching a bubble/bar fill up a tenth of a fraction after 6 hours of play is almost as bad.

Back