• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

everyone here knows about gta 3 multiplayer right?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rocko[DPC]

Yea I've heard of it... but I dont see why its so great...

Have you read the FAQ? Its only multiplayer for 2 people. And both of them need 2 computers. Quite impractical. You also need to do a bunch of ghettoness to actually 'connect' to each other. Its in the FAQ if you read it.

There are 2 other programs that are being worked on that accomplish the same thing. But all 3 are completely ghetto and worthless. This is probably why rockstar gave up and trashed multiplayer support.

Fuzzy

.3 is supposed to change everything... so they say. You can have multiple people and it will be supported by ASE so no more doing a bunch of doo-hicky just to get in game :/ Im waiting for a VC compatible multiplayer, I am definately not going to install GTA3 again ;)

TUK101

PCGamer ran an article on it not too many issues back as well. Dont know about co-op, but that would be awesome if that is available in the multi-player ad-on. Also, I think that VC is where the Rockstar official multiplayer ad-on will be at. I dont think that GTA3 is very capable of running in multiplayer.