• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

everyone start drooling!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

veryhumid

I heard the new vga silencers will be available in the next few weeks and there will be 8 new models. ooo... copper bases... there will be 4 nvidia models too, but i don't care about those ;)

http://www.hardwareluxx.de/story.php?id=564

http://pcmoddingmy.com/content.php?review.81

and illestone posted this nice link earlier about the ATI series 3.

iLLestOne said:

I wonder how it will compare to this: http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=35-118-216&depa=0

:drool:

ati2f.jpg

ati3f.jpg

ati4f.jpg

ati4b1.jpg

ati4b2.jpg

Last edited:

Bios24

FINALLY....something for the rest of us. Although it's a shame they have to come out *after* I mod the hell out of my video card. There's always nice cooling for the next card I get. Should be interesting to see if there is any card they don't fit.

OP
V

veryhumid

Bios24 said:
FINALLY....something for the rest of us. Although it's a shame they have to come out *after* I mod the hell out of my video card. There's always nice cooling for the next card I get. Should be interesting to see if there is any card they don't fit.

yeah i was days away from getting a zalman. but that thing just heats up the rest of the case, I bet this will do just as well. I bet with 4 models for each company it will fit everything. time to get your rev. 3's everyone, they will start getting very cheap!

bobmanfoo

Disabled
veryhumid said:
think those 4 little indents are for memory sinks?
yes, they are. this has been discussed in the cooling forum.......i can't wait!! :cry: won't be out till at least another month :(

Last edited:

deathman20

High Speed Premium Senior
This is from the german site.

Arctic Cooling brings naturally back new VGA Silencer for the new diagram maps of ATI and NVIDIA. Due to the new developments one struggled through oneself however directly to it, a completely new to designen more efficient LINE UP. We received five new Arctic of Cooling models for this reason, in order to regard to us the new products in a test. The Review will need however still another little, because naturally only once the appropriate diagram maps must be organized. As soon as the 6800 Ultras and X800 XT in-wobble platinum around again with us, we will accomplish the tests. So far we can show however already once with a picture gallery of the exhausts, against which we place high expectations concerning the quiet running with nevertheless good performance. Under "READ More" we arranged the photos.

:) There we go this was from another thread I posted in on it. Its the translation from the german site.

Now I want the ATI V4 one hehe. Just ordered my x800pro VIVO today :)

OP
V

veryhumid

oh sorry to make such a big deal, I though i was the first one to bring the news, I wish I had seen that thread earlier. I can't believe i missed it!

here's a translation from our friend deathman:

deathman20 said:
This is from the german site.

Arctic Cooling brings naturally back new VGA Silencer for the new diagram maps of ATI and NVIDIA. Due to the new developments one struggled through oneself however directly to it, a completely new to designen more efficient LINE UP. We received five new Arctic of Cooling models for this reason, in order to regard to us the new products in a test. The Review will need however still another little, because naturally only once the appropriate diagram maps must be organized. As soon as the 6800 Ultras and X800 XT in-wobble platinum around again with us, we will accomplish the tests. So far we can show however already once with a picture gallery of the exhausts, against which we place high expectations concerning the quiet running with nevertheless good performance. Under "READ More" we arranged the photos.

Jognt

All round good guy
eeeh, whats the difference between number 3 and 4 besides for the fan color?

edit: never mind, shouldve read the review before asking :bang head

Silversinksam

Moderator/ Silver Paste Taster©
It's about time Magnus finally decided to sell/validate that copper verion as I told everyone 6 months ago that these would be available, people started to shake their heads and whisper, Silversinksam's done lost his mind'. :D

OP
V

veryhumid

yeah same here! i e-mailed them and they got back to me 5-6 months ago saying redesigned models could be out within 6 weeks! i'm glad they will be available.

Dc5e

omg, they cool the ram too :eek: i'm gonna have to wait for that now instead of getting the rev 3. I really hope they come out soon....