• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA 1000GQ Psu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Dude that bites. Contact EVGA again and state that this replacement is not only cosmetically damaged but cannot power the system properly. Don't forget to mention that you have a different EVGA model that is 150w less and powers the system fine. Ask them to explain themselves there. What wattage rating system are they using?

Rattle the cage enough and you could get a new GQ or a different series. Also mention that you shouldn't be forced to pay shipping again for their faulty refurb.
THIS! But, it's a refurb, so minor blemishes are normal.

EDIT: Been thinking about this... I wonder what the issue is... like, does EVERY RTX 3070 owner have this issue? I'd guess not or we'd see a lot more complaints??? No idea. Weird that a 1KW PSU can't handle this card. You said it did previously for a while, right?

Last edited:
Think I'm on my third one from EVGA 750GQ ..They honored the warranty each time so I can't say too much...This last one has lasted longer than the others

THIS! But, it's a refurb, so minor blemishes are normal.

EDIT: Been thinking about this... I wonder what the issue is... like, does EVERY RTX 3070 owner have this issue? I'd guess not or we'd see a lot more complaints??? No idea. Weird that a 1KW PSU can't handle this card. You said it did previously for a while, right?
Sometimes a piece of junk is just a piece of junk. No need to ponder beyond that.

When they send me a bad refurb as a replacement I do rattle the cage. I point out how this is wasting our time and money. Usually works when polite.

So I fired off another email to EVGA about this crappy PSU. I was polite, but firm. Hopefully they'll get it right the 2nd time around.
You mean 3rd time. That first PSU was their first chance. LOL

I do have to ask, does that PSU run MS Solitare with no stutters?

They got it wrong on the first PSU, second on the RMA refurb and now the 3rd PSU coming your way.

A 1k PSU should never have a problem with a 3070. Design or manufacture flaw.

They got it wrong on the first PSU, second on the RMA refurb and now the 3rd PSU coming your way.

A 1k PSU should never have a problem with a 3070. Design or manufacture flaw.
Well I don't count the 1st original one as a replacement, thus is why.

And I do agree, 1k PSU should not even buckle under a 3080. ;)

Dino, I looking it as they didn't build the first one correctly and that was their first chance. I do see your view.

Bad units are bad...that said, if this was systemic, I'd imagine we'd hear more about it.

The units going bad may not be systemic, but replacing failed units with other failed and improperly repaired units may be systemic. We will see.

How is a manufacturer selling units that aren't reliable a conspiracy?
The suggestion that they would be intentionally replaced with failed and improperly repaired units is a conspiracy, gentlemen. ;)

There's a reason this is happening, but who knows why. I dont lean towards a company intentionally shitting on their customers as my go to is all.

Think I'm on my third one from EVGA 750GQ ..They honored the warranty each time so I can't say too much...This last one has lasted longer than the others

Noticing a pattern does not equal a conspiracy.

As for the reason, it may simply be a process issue on testing returns. It may be nothing nefarious. Actually, it is most likely to not be something nefarious.

Well, we don't know the reliability rate, first of all. 2 people in a thread does make the rule. Surely they've sold thousands upon thousands of these. I took the 'systemic' comment as a bit of a conspiracy. Attaching a negative connotation with correlation. Correlation doesn't allude to systemic failures of intentionalally sending bad units.

Actually, it is most likely to not be something nefarious.
Thanks for admitting that. Clearly I took the posts a different way. :)

Last edited:
Back