• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA 1080 FTW Hybrid cooling question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

R_Pierce

Alright guys, I have an EVGA 1080 FTW Hybrid that I have fitted a Vardar fan to (runs at 100% @ 40*c and over) and it seems to be running hotter than it should IMHO. I will see temps in the 48*c to 52*c temp zone while running Valley with a slight overclock and 1.063 volts on the core. Does anyone thing that removing the pump and applying either liquid ultra or Arctic MX-4 would help with this? Is it just a limitation with the stock cooling system?

I would think that it would run cooler than this. System temp usually runs around 32-33*c as measured by the MoBo's on board temp sensor.

Thanks in advance!

What's your ambient temp? Do you have good air flow in your case? Those temps don't seem all that bad, really...maybe just a little bit high. It's worth a shot to do a remount, but....not sure how much it'll help.

Those temps seem pretty good to me. They aren't as good as say a custom loop, but they are much lower than my 1080 on air with an ACX2.0 cooler that can see 55-65 at full load depending on the bench.

It starts to throttle at 40*c. Not major throttle, but if pushing the clock, you can see a drop at 40* and at 45*. I wont have this card much longer anyways, as soon as EVGA gets the 1080ti back in stock, Ill be trading it in through the step up program. And I have a full block coming from EK :) Entering custom loop territory. Should be fun.

That is strange I just tested mine to see if it dropped at 40,45, etc..

I dont seem to have that problem tbh If I manually dial back my fans I can see a drop once it hits 70, but before that no drops. Wonder if it is a BIOS revision type thing.

Back