• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA 1080ti Hitting 94C on ICW PWR 4

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kenny90

I got a watercooled EVGA 1080ti (watercooled by a 240MM NZXT rad)

It hits like 54C max temp while gaming (GTA V 4K max settings)

That temp doesn't concern me but the ICX PWR 4 is hitting like 94C (see screenshot)

is that a glitch or?

I've seen it hit over 110C before too. clearly I think it was glitching then because if it was real the wires would've caught on fire or melted right

GPU Temp 54.1C

Hot Spot 68.1

GPU Load 100%

Board Power Draw 307.8W

EVGA iCX PWR 1 95C

EVGA iCX PWR 2 89C

EVGA iCX PWR 3 87C

EVGA iCX PWR 4 94C

temps.PNG

Which 1080ti is it? I have the 1080ti ftw3 Hybrid that just has a lowly 120mm AIO and it runs cooler than yours.

*Edit*

Just found this. Dated 2017 but has the same exact issue. Linky

You might have to crack it open and check the thermal pads. Go ahead and redo the paste as well.

Last edited:
Which 1080ti is it? I have the 1080ti ftw3 Hybrid that just has a lowly 120mm AIO and it runs cooler than yours.

*Edit*

Just found this. Dated 2017 but has the same exact issue. Linky

You might have to crack it open and check the thermal pads. Go ahead and redo the paste as well.
It's this one:

But it's running a 240MM now using the NZXT g12 kit

This is the 3rd 1080ti I've watercooled

I re-pasted it with new thermal so I know it's not that.

Thanks for the link. Good to see others with the same issue

It's probably these 1080tis they just draw so much power

Edit: looks like another user said Max allowed temps for power is 125c.

So if you already redo the pads and paste, guess it's all you can do. Odd as mine doesn't run that hot while benching. @ 125c, you've got a nice buffer.

Back